You can type here any text you want

List of first mods...cam kit?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I was wonderig, would a cam kit be a good first upgrade to see some good gains? Gbodyparts has a 212/212 cam kit for 300. Or would the 204/212 be better. What are your thoughts.

you ask for what type of cam kit and im telling you to talk to Dan @ DLS about what cam kit will fit your needs.
As far as 5k's that would be a gift if one of our buick vendors was to do it for that price.

oh, lol. Sorry about that. I thought you were just talking about going straight for the goodies and getting a built engine. lol :biggrin: Yeah, I might, but really from what most people seem to be agreeing on is a TT chip, along with alky, and that should see considerable gains. Does that sound about right?

I don't see an exhaust system listed,you might just want to install one.212 cam might be alittle big from what i hear.As we speak i started working on a cam kit from DLS which is a 210 grind.I was planning to install 206 but my turbo spools waaaaaay:biggrin: to fast with my setup.I would recommend to talk to one of the engine builders to see what would work best with your setup.As far as going with the ALKY system you can't go wrong with it,by far the best bang for the buck

The stock engine is a very capable piece if it is in good shape. Take care of getting the air flow into and out of the engine, and get a good set of tires out back. Then learn how to dial in the tune of the setup, whether it be race gas or alcohol injection. The first thing to remember is that detonation is not your friend. Make certain that you have enough octane for the boost and timing that are dialed into the car.

I've got a full weight '87 GN with a stock longblock, except for the valvesprings, and it runs pretty good. The car with me in it weighs 3780 and a month ago it ran an 11.36 @ 117 mph :D .

There are others that have ran much quicker with a stock motor, several that are into the 10's. Listen and learn from the one's that have traveled the road ahead of you, and life will be less of a headache.

I did all the bolt-ons first... Turbo, fuel system, intercooler, exhaust, 3 in DP, MAF, valve springs, and tranny before I even thought about cracking open my stock block.

Back