Living Under a rock?

Hotfoot

Did I miss Cotton’s open house, is it only once in a while or was I living under a rock

Nope. Spoke to Brian just a few days ago. He wants to do something when the weather is more favorable for people to bring their cars. Jack didn't mention much about it though. Like usual, he says he's been slammed with work.

We are planning for the little camp around the motor home and the BBQ at Lebanon on Memorial day weekend though. Lets see how the weather goes for this.

Good Afternoon:
I was wondering if many members have gone to West Lebanon Dragway in the past and what they thought of it. Do many Turbos show up and other Buicks? Is it also a car show? Any vendors?
Thanks very much!! Have a great week!!

There will be 3 Turbo Buicks from Western NY , if it doesn't rain !!
We are planning for the little camp around the motor home and the BBQ at Lebanon on Memorial day weekend though. Lets see how the weather goes for this.
Joey , can't wait to see your car in person !!

There will be 3 Turbo Buicks from Western NY , if it doesn't rain !!

Joey , can't wait to see your car in person !!
Hope I can make it. Rain, my knee, and lacking a day needed to powder puff the car, are among many things that may stop me from going.

Also, I never plan to go and come back the same day. I usually get a room and make the weekend of it. If I can’t stay over night, and even if there is any chance of rain on both days, I sadly may not go. Or not take the Buick for sure.

Lebanon racetrack is ok, out in the sticks which is nice, not too much tech for an 11 second car, track prep sucked on the track rental days I went to years ago. Only raced there and Englishtown which is now closed. :(

The drive sucks if you blow out your rear brake lines (twice) and have to drive 120 miles back to CT. :eek::rolleyes:

Talked to Wayne the track manager last night and he said they have a new track sprayer and it is night and day different. The new one sprays at 80 psi instead of 40 and the compound gets atomized going on, saw a video of it and there was a cloud behind the sprayer. How they have to much traction and with all the rain the big horse power cars are peeling up the asphalt

Is this a drag race day or also a car show with Turbo vendors? Have a lot of Turbos showed up in past years?
Thanks!!

Is this a drag race day or also a car show with Turbo vendors? Have a lot of Turbos showed up in past years?
Thanks!!
In the past the Northeast chapter of the GSCA would sponsor a Buick day on Saturday. This would go on in addition to Lebanon's regular Saturday schedule events. Then on Sunday, the Hemmings sponsored Muscle Palooza event would take place. This is a huge event with hundreds of cars from all over the Northeast with race programs and a giant car show.

I, along with many other Buick people would go on Saturday and then make the weekend of it. I'm not even sure if Saturday is still "Buick" day anymore. But I know that a few of my buddies are going on Saturday as they always have, and so I will go as well. I will not be staying for Sunday and I'm still up in the air about taking the Buick.

Thanks very much NY Twin Turbo!! Hope to make it. Is the Hemmings Muscle Palooza still a big event and is it worthwhile to stay over for it?

Thanks very much NY Twin Turbo!! Hope to make it. Is the Hemmings Muscle Palooza still a big event and is it worthwhile to stay over for it?
If you like cars............then yes! There is the grass field area where a lot of the motor-homes will camp-out overnight.

The focus is on restored and classic american muscle cars and hot-rods. There may be as much as a thousand cars there if the weather is good. This includes 20-30 TRs spread out among the crowd. You can walk the car show most of the day and bullshit with the owners. The rules in the FAST racing program require vehicles to have performance mods that strictly maintain original aspects of there design. So, your not going to see 8 and 7 second cars tearing down the track. But it's amazing what some can do within these strict rules.

OK, sounds great!! It sounds like Sunday is the better day!!Thanks again NY Twin Turbo for all the information!! Have a great night!!

Looked at the events list on their website and saturday had buick event listed no details.