You can type here any text you want

Local 70 Or 71 Gsx Wanting A Taste. Whats My Chances?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SMOKE JENSEN

BIRD OF PREY
Hi guys,
Need a little advice. I just purchased my tta last year. Don't know what she will do in competition against this guys car. My tta has just a few mods. Adj. fuel regulator, tpi sensor & a chip upgrade. Chip was installed by Wayne Haydock in the Moore, Reidville area here in the Spartanburg SC area. He described the chip as a hot streak chip. Made a big differance in the preformance. He also put it on his scanmaster for tuning. For what mods it has, its running great in his opinion. The car currently has 24,564 miles on it.

This guy has been eyeballing me and reving his car up at me alot. Its a beautifull car. I'll give him that. I don't know what mods he has. It's not like i can go up and ask him before we go at it. I very ignorant as to what the 70 or 71 Gsx had to offer. In your opinion. What are my chances? I mean my car runs very fast. In my opinion. I hate to bust a buick ass. But he's begging for it. Let me know what you think. I don't mind waiting until i add a few more mods before i jump. thanks.

SMOKE:confused:

As a former owner of a 71 stage 1 GS I can tell you he can absolutely give you a run! They are very fast even stock! If he is modded he will probably win. But there are too many variables. Your car is very fast also, either way it will be a memorable race!! Just do it!! Have fun and experience a big block Buick!! Good luck!!:D

Careful

The trouble with the GS guys is that they are as sneaky as the Turbo Buick guys. They will look right into your eyes and tell you that thier GS is stock and then pound you. They're almost as bad as we are, if not worse. - BB:p

i've done some reading up on the gsx on the web. it says they were at around 375 hp. and running in the high 13s stock. so he's fast. i'm sure he has added mods. he might be in the mid to high 12s by now. it's coming. i can see it. he's about 25 years old. and very cocky. all the time making challenging gestures. goes by my car lot racing the motor. or if he see me at a redlight. we have never spoken. but he wants me. we have never been together on a good road at the same time yet. but we live and travel the same routes daily. so its coming. think i'll get wayne haydock to add a few more mods in the meantime.
SMOKE

HI quick85,

i see your in the charleston wv area. did a lot of partying there in my teen to early 20s years. i was born in beckley wv. lived in bluefield wv for 20 years. beautiful state. take care.:)

You all should make friends.:) After all you are both Buick guys. Around here V8 & V6 people hang together as one. There is no difference...it's a Buick.:cool:

Yes the V8s are just as awsome and sneaky as the turbos but regardless get some sticky tires then go play.:D

If you lose at least you lost to a Buick and not a brand X.

Just tweak your car a little and add some racegas and he wont get close. :D

THANKS GUYS,
if this ever comes off i'll post what happened. taking the tta to the track in a couple weeks. Wayne Haydock says we need to see where we are at. my firs time. i'm excited. i'll post that time.
SMOKE

Just a hint here I have had every buick powered car available and both of these cars will run. I have a stock manifold car 70 stage 1 with a/c and power seat plus the ususal options pb, ps, and vinal top, with that in mind I have had my car 12.86 @107 in stone stock appearing with sticky tires. With a few mods like headers, an intake, carb and maybe a fuel pump the same combination went 12.0's @111 in another car with 300lbs less weight.

It possible he may have more bark than bite so I never worry about it till the green light drops......

Just remember buick powered cars are the king of the streets...
I love what was said above
guys, when buicks race each other its called TEST AND TUNE!
:D

(sigh) I didn't know there were GS guys around here that were into cannibalism. :( I consider all the "Buick" guys as "on my team" so to speak, but if the guys asking for it, give it to him! What color is the car?

What's the deal

I'd go for it, either way. Its the only way to find out. You have a TTA- beautiful, rare, collector car. He has a GSX, also a beautiful, rare, collector car. Are you afraid of him beating you? Races don't generally end in ties. Just step up and see what you can do. One of you will win, the other will lose. Maybe it will be really close. Maybe it won't. It all depends on the mods- I remember reading tech articles about the GSX where it was one of those cars from GM in the late 60's / early 70's (LS6 Chevelle, 427 ZL-1 Camaro) where you uncork the exhaust and put on some sticky tires and bam you're in the 12's cheap (kindof like adding a hot wire kit and adjustable waste gate).

Race gas, good chip, and 20# of boost and you stand a very good chance. If you lose, so what? You can always challange him from a 60mph roll. :D

If I could only figure out how to race myself, I'd let you know how it turned out. But i'd better do it before my alky is delivered.

Thanks Jshillil for you advice. No I'm only afraid of two things. Death and taxes. Just that since i've had these cars i've only been in one race. That was against my wifes ex big mouth husband. When i got my TTA. He made fun of it around town to some friends of mine. Starting bragging how his 91 vette would destroy it. How he'd show my wife who had the best car. Well he ran up to me at a red light on a four lane talking trash. So we went at it. Wasn't even close. He was destroyed. I believe he wanted to get out and kick his car he was beaten so badly. Haven't heard a word since from him. I just wanted to know if anybody had any experiance with the GSX. Trust me we'll but heads when things time out. thanks.:)

Back