You can type here any text you want

Lokar throttle cable help.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

Spent all day fart assing around with this throttle cable and it does not work as i feel it should.
Don't like the way it's mounted at the pedal, maybe you guys are taking your pedal out and modifying it to work?????
On mine the throttle wire is angled sideways to the firewall which is the only way you can get it on the pedal that i can see.
Now at the other end when you test the throttle, the cable does not go back straght, it just goes into a U shape.
On top of that the cable pushes the ferrule out as well.
Stock accufab return spring is a piece of junk as it does not close the throttle blade without helping it.The cable sounds like it is grinding when you push the gas pedal.

Stock cable worked as it should without a flaw, flipped the throttle body over so i can run an iac and cannot get the throttle cable to work properly.

Picture

Attachments

• . 016.jpg
    . 016.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 270
  • . 017.jpg
    . 017.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 248
Try and get some cable lube in the housing. There is no way I would trust the spring assembly in the throttle assembly alone. you should add another return spring. You need 2 springs per NHRA rules.

Thanks for the reply Ted, i plan on adding another spring as i did that when it was mounted on the other side.
Can't believe how weak the Accufab spring is!
Will try and lube, good idea!
Had to take a break from working on it and get something to eat and relax....panic attack was kicking in,lol.:biggrin:

Update, lubed the inside of the cable and worked it for a while Problem Solved!
Thanks again Ted, now back to the project that never ends!

I had some Polaris cable lube in the shop. I went through the same crap you did. It has worked perfect ever since.

6+ hours job to change a throttle cable.... Welcome to race car stuff.

you should add another return spring. You need 2 springs per NHRA rules.

First thing I thought when I saw that. the springs with the Throttle body are not very strong.

I saw the shaft snap on one of those also, from slamming it shut at about 12 psi.

Back