You can type here any text you want

longer bigger rear wheel studs on GTA wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GSX-PKV

Probably a silly question, but since I race my car, I have longer bigger wheel studs on my rear axles. Will There be any issues installing GNX style, GTA wheels with the longer studs? I'll need open ended lug nuts and have those on the wheels I have now but I wonder if they'll work OK on GTA wheels because of the larger dia. of the studs & lug nuts. Thanks for any info. Paul

Probably a silly question, but since I race my car, I have longer bigger wheel studs on my rear axles. Will There be any issues installing GNX style, GTA wheels with the longer studs? I'll need open ended lug nuts and have those on the wheels I have now but I wonder if they'll work OK on GTA wheels because of the larger dia. of the studs & lug nuts. Thanks for any info. Paul
The lenght of the studs shouldn't be a problem. You'll just need some open end lug nuts. As for the stud's larger diameter...well, this can get more complicated and could require re-drilling the holes in the wheels for them, which I'm not sure would be a good idea because you won't ever be able to sell those wheels anymore...:rolleyes: :frown:

Claude.:smile:

i think a 1/2" stud should fit thru the holes.
if in doubt, grab a 1/2" bolt and poke it into one of the holes on a GTA wheel to see if it fits.

Thanks for the info guys. My studs are 3/8" so that may not be a problem?
I like the look of the GNX style wheels and with them on, my car (unless you open the hood) would be have a neat sleeper look. There are a couple sets on ebay I may go for or buy Kirban's new wheels. Paul

your 3/8" studs are actually a bit smaller than the stock 12mm studs, but will still work just fine.

I run the extended 12mm studs on my GN and when I'm not at the track I run a 3/8" spacer and can use the black plastic caps to cover the lugs and look stock:D

Back