You can type here any text you want

Longer lugs for longer studs? Want to avoid open lugs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
I got my wheels in and the lug goes deep into the wheel. I have moser axles with extra long studs and even the studs still do not stick out. Do they sell longer lugs? I can put open ended lugs in there but I like the chrome lug look. Thanks in advance.

I have some McGard open end lug nuts that I use with my aluminium racing wheels. They come with some black plastic plugs to close the end of the nut. See this site: McGard Wheel Locks and Centercap Locks . Another useful feature of them is that you can unscrew the plugs with an allen key so the officials at the track can see the lenght of the studs.

hope this helps.

Claude :smile:

I have long studs on my GN and wanted to retain the factory style nuts to retain the center caps, I bought 1/2 lug nuts that were the same style as the metric stockers for the new axles and studs, made a mark with a center punch and drilled out the center of the cap with a unibit, just big enough for the stud to come through, looks trick and stock-ish at the same time:biggrin:

Pardon the crude picture, this was in the middle of removing the body from the frame:eek:

Attachments

• Grand National 027.jpg
    Grand National 027.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 133
I have long studs on my GN and wanted to retain the factory style nuts to retain the center caps, I bought 1/2 lug nuts that were the same style as the metric stockers for the new axles and studs, made a mark with a center punch and drilled out the center of the cap with a unibit, just big enough for the stud to come through, looks trick and stock-ish at the same time:biggrin:

Pardon the crude picture, this was in the middle of removing the body from the frame:eek:

I did the same - Pep Boys carries stock chrome relacement lug nuts for our cars.

Back