looking for #1550

This is all I have on 1550 ...

1st title 12/18/1991, Wind Gap, PA

VIN is 1G5FW2174KL252214

Would be cool to find out more specially the PAS and GM build dates as listed on the drivers door PAS sticker ...

Cincinnati

I'm getting ready to buy this car. Its got 56K miles now. Why were you looking for it? Its still in great shape.

As it's the last one built it's interesting to know where' it's at and good news that it's still around ...

If you do buy it could you post some pictures and also share the build dates you find on the driver side door PAS sticker (2 dates both month-year; one being the GM build date the other the PAS build date).

Also on the upper radiator support if you can share the six digit number on the rivited id plate on there. This is the scheduled build number for all 3rd Gen's @ the Van nuys assembly plant.

And if you can confirm it's a leather / t-top combo please.

I'm keeping a record of all TTA's so will update accordingly when you have the info for us.

Good luck with the deal! Is the car listed somewhere for sale?

I thought there was 1555 built? Were the first 5 not counted in build date?

If I own #5 , is it really #10 ... or maybe #1? ---

Well none of the cars were numbered so these numbers are just the VIN sequence number of the 1550 1G5 (start of VIN) cars built.

5 were indeed pilot cars and were supposed to been crushed or not just sold and the VIN were 1G2 up until after the TTA project was done and PAS bought them from GM and the VIN got changed to 1G5 ... all these cars are still around and in private ownership.

The 5 were not supposed to be if you like and if you run a RPO search of the unique TTA rpo's like Y82 only 1550 cars show up having that RPO code in 1989.

PHS provides the build numbers per the above conclusion as well and for me there were only 1550 cars destined from day one to be 1G5 VINs and planned to be sold to the public.

sorry wrong vin i think double checking...

Let us know, if it is 1550 that would be very cool to know that one is still around and in safe hands :) I know the owner of no 1 so would be nice to know the owner of the last TTA as well !

also let me know if it's still for sale. i'm in ohio so if it's located in cinci i'd possibly drive down to buy it.

Whoever buys it needs to bring it out to Ohio in 2011! That would be kind of neat to have the last one!

Jason

The Pilot cars were 1988's. I'm aware of two or three that are still around.

Steve K.

Those ore the mules and yes 2 are defenitly still around in fact I drove one of them years back.

The 5 pilots or pre-production cars are all 1989's

Looks like 1550 is on its way to Cincy:) He'll post up pics later.

GREAT!!! Will it be raced and modded? And since you attend Ohio every year, and he is in Cincy, you need to make sure he comes out in 2011!

Jason

GREAT!!! Will it be raced and modded? And since you attend Ohio every year, and he is in Cincy, you need to make sure he comes out in 2011!

Jason

Hopefully he makes it. Car sounds pretty stock minus a few basic things. I think his plan is to make it as close to 100% stock as possible.

Made it back with #1550

What a sweet ride. This car is awesome I love it. Everything works! I got most of the owners kit. He said this car has been in storage since 1995. Made a 10hr trip today though. Here's the info on it Jan - the dates from the door are PAS-5/89 Gm-4/89. #13 7960 is on the core support. Yes leather t-top car. Vin is 1G5FW2174KL252214. Thanks for all the info. Here are some quick pics I shot. Talk to you all later
Chad

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 352
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 339
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 5.jpg