You can type here any text you want

Looking for 9 bolt ring and pinion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GMC-YA

I came across a pretty good deal on a 9 bolt rear that supposidly just needs a ring and pinion, so I was hoping maybe some of you guys had one laying around. It doesnt matter if its used as long as there in good shape. I would like to keep stock gearing but if you have any gears let me know.

Did they take the cover off and tell you in's just a ring and pinion? If not it could be wasted money on a rear with worn out cones that you can't do anything with. Search around a couple guys have rebuilt the 9bolts using extra shims or something.

Originally posted by 87buick3825
So whats a good low mile complete TTA rear end worth ??? :confused: Julio stay under your rock !!:cool:

It´s not specially made for the TTA´s, was installed (in limited amount) in Camaros and Formula/Trans Am´s 87-89. But they are worth about $500-650.

I know about 9 bolt.com, I was really hoping to pick some up on the cheap. Even if the gears are something like 3.73 or 4.10s I'd be interested because my buddy is doing a LS1 six speed swap so he could use them even if i cant. Thanks

Originally posted by 87buick3825
So whats a good low mile complete TTA rear end worth ??? :confused: Julio stay under your rock !!:cool:

:D

Excuse my limited knowledge about the rear ends, why are they called 9-bolt? The oil cover have 10 bolts ... just curius as I never had one appart and seen the "9-bolts" :)

Originally posted by Jan Larsson
Excuse my limited knowledge about the rear ends, why are they called 9-bolt? The oil cover have 10 bolts ... just curius as I never had one appart and seen the "9-bolts" :)

Either Yours are swapped for a 10-bolt or it was ordered with it. Check Your RPO´s, if You had the 9-bolt from factory it should read:
GW6 : AXLE REAR, 3.27 RATIO
G80 : AXLE POSITRACTION, LIMITED SLIP

Hmmm, looking at some pictures of mine (and it's identical to pictures of other TTA rear ends I have and seen, also the oil cover I replaced with a brand new one a while back and that one was the correct for the TTA) it might be 9 bolts, have to count when I'm back home next week :-) I can't really tell from the pictures but looks like there might be 9 .... I'll get back on this one have bad memory;)

Back