You can type here any text you want

looking for a wastegate and a cat... have cash please help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fasTTA707

hey how's it goin? i just bought my TTA in fact its not even here yet its being shipped to me ask i type. the only issues i have is that its comin to CA from FL and it has no cats so i need that to pass smog when it gets here.....

also the guy who sold me the car said the wastegate is letting the turbo boost too high even when the wastegate is adjusted to allow minimum boost.... now.... let me just say this is my first turbo car and what i just said may not make ANY sense at all hahaha that is just what i was told and i am kinda learning as i go... so....the guy told me to either not go wot until i figure out the problem, or just replace the wastegate....

so anyway, if anybody has suggestions and/or stuff for sale please let me know, thanks alot everybody. take care.

Welcome!

Once you get the car running right what are your plans for the car? If you want to go fast on the street with 93 octane you should get an alcohol injection kit. That should be towards the top of your things to do list. Stock TTA's run pretty decent and there have been a few guys who have turned some real stout times with them with ALOT of stock parts. You've found one of the best forums for advice on turning that thing into a strong runner.

HTH: Jason

p.s: a common cause for over boosting is a vacuum leak. Theres a good chance the stock vacuum lines in the area of the waste gate are in bad shape.

I forgot to mention that I beleive ATR sells 3" high flow stainless steel cat for around $100 if I remember correctly.

here a nice vendors list:
http://www.gnttype.org/vendors/index.html

plus on the home page of this site there is a list of vendors. Cottons performance and ATR are my two favorite vendors. Alot of venders become popular on this board and then they start screwing people. Cottons performance and ATR have been around along time and Ive never heard of any thing bad about either one. Full throttle speed and custom is a newer vendor but its run by Mike Licht whos done this before and he is a good guy.

HTH: Jason

My suggestion is start reading everything up and down these lists to get familiarized with the car.

GNTTYPE.org is another place for information.. spend the next couple months reading and searching.. dont spend money unless you have a clear understanding of what and if..

First thing that car needs is a scantool. Scanmaster II will probably do more than you need initially, but worth its weight in gold.

Your also going to need an emmissions chip to help get it passed for smog. Along with having it running a great state of tune.

Good luck, happy reading,... and then spending :)

First thing that car needs is a scantool. Scanmaster II will probably do more than you need initially, but worth its weight in gold.

Pretty much thats the deal. Get one or at least have one lined up you can barrow. You really need one to get these cars running strong "for your combonation". You would be suprised at how many guys skip this part. That why alot of people who didnt skip this part whoop up on the other TTA and GN owners that did, even though their cars had more hot rod parts on them.

There is no voodoo magic going on with these things. They run good for a 3.8L because they are forced induction. The crankshaft is short and stout and the block is fairly strong. How many V8 chevy guys think they need a 4 bolt main block because they are putting an Edelbrock performer rpm package in their motor? My TTA will make a performer rpm V8 look stupid at the track. My car has over 104,000 miles on it and has never been rebuilt. I'm running stock unported heads, stock cam, pistons ect..ect. all that is the high mileage original parts. Stuff out side the motor has been upgraded like turbo, intercooler, exhaust, fuel system and such. She went 11.16@121mph last time out launching soft. Next time out she better be launching hard again because its 10.xx or bust.

good luck with your new toy: Jason

Back