You can type here any text you want

looking for answers new to the game still

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ALVAROG1983

EVIL GN
i finally had the balls to take my car out for a drive but ran into a few problems but don't me wrong enjoyed it maybe you guys can answer

1. i have put a new interstate battery 400ca 500cca is this enough power reason i asked when i shut the car off and go back to start it its almost dead seems like not enough juice do i have to jump to a bigger cracking amps.

2. motor oil after a while of driving and stop at a intersection it drops little under 20psi do i have to jump to a bigger weight currently running 10-30.

3.i got scared for a while car stop building boost all of sudden so i pulled over seen one of the vacuum lines from my tail external wastegate came off so put it back still no boost so i babied it home open the hood look more closely and seen maf pipe came off my rubber boot by the turbo inlet and boot was smashed together what would of cause both items to come off. i would think the cause would no zip ties and maf pipe boot clamp not being to tight enough can anyone agree with me on this.

let me know if you members need additional information.

1. Go to a 700/750
2. Normal hot oil pressure can be as low as 13 psi :eek: with synthetic 10w30. If it drops below 11 I would worry.

3. Zip ties? not sure what or where you are talking about. There should be HD hose clamps on EVERY rubber coupling in the engine compartment.

If you had the hose collapse between the maf and compressor inlet, then it is time to replace (what I am guessing) the stock corrugated hose, or go with a solid aluminum pipe. The suction on the compressor inlet is massive.

Answers

1. Go to a 700/750
2. Normal hot oil pressure can be as low as 13 psi :eek: with synthetic 10w30. If it drops below 11 I would worry.

3. Zip ties? not sure what or where you are talking about. There should be HD hose clamps on EVERY rubber coupling in the engine compartment.

If you had the hose collapse between the maf and compressor inlet, then it is time to replace (what I am guessing) the stock corrugated hose, or go with a solid aluminum pipe. The suction on the compressor inlet is massive.

now if i disconnect my battery to change it would it mess with my xfi settings.Two is it a smart idea to run zip tips on every vacuum line from my 44mm tail wastegate and last what do think if i go to a 20-50 synthetic.

AL

Your oil pressure is fine at idle. The real concern would be if it doesn't go up with rpms. (about 10 psi per 1000 is adequate) Don't go to a heavier oil if you have this. Using zip ties on every vac/boost line is a GREAT idea. If a hose pops off the FP regulator under boost things can go south quickly. As far as the inlet hose popping off if you didn't get a backfire I'd just put it on and make sure it's tight. If you did get a backfire I'd do the same and fix whatever caused the backfire. Now for the battery. When you initially started it did it start well? If so and then you drove it and it didn't are you sure all of your grounds and connections are clean? Also, check to make sure the alternator is working properly. What's your voltage while the engine is running? If all that checks out you should move up to a more powerful battery. You probably will have to anyway but it's worth checking that stuff out. FWIW my battery is the one specified by autozone and its 650 cold and 850 at 32F. HTH james

zip ties are my best friend. I think i used them on my tial 44 external gate, i have a zip tie tightener so they get pretty snug. I would also use Lucas oil stabilizer(I reccomend it to everyone, they should start paying me), they make it in synthetic and standard. As far as loosing FAST settings you could change the battery with the engine running(I do it at toyota all the time, so i dont have to reset the radio and the computer doesnt have to re-learn anything) hopes this helps

thanks guys this makes me feel better i'll change battery while the car is running and check grounds.

thanks guys this makes me feel better i'll change battery while the car is running and check grounds.

Be carefull disconnecting battery with car running. Xfi might not like that. Seen pcm's and bcm's get smoked when I worked for chevy.I am sure xfi is sensitive to voltage spikes.just my 2 cents

Xfi

Be carefull disconnecting battery with car running. Xfi might not like that. Seen pcm's and bcm's get smoked when I worked for chevy.I am sure xfi is sensitive to voltage spikes.just my 2 cents

THANKS for the quick reply am going to hold off until i get more info on this subject.:confused:

Just take an old 12 volt car charger or something and cut the end off that would plug into the device and wire it up to a battery. Then plug it into you cigarette lighter so that when you disconnect the battery you don't lose the memory. FWIW this also should work to retain chip settings if using a user adjustable chip.

EDIT: Make sure you get the polarity right! :eek:

i'm not an xfi guru or anything dont know anything at all about it, but you should have your setup saved so you could reload it.

regarding the poor cranking...
Maybe it needs some new battery cables. Ground / power may be corroded internally.

just finished taking the car out for drive friends came over did not stopping bugging to go out for drive so we did hot day here in los angeles notice oil psi drop to 10 is that normal its just bugging the sh8t out of me.

one more thing i have to add notice oil came out my passenger side breather what does that mean.

Back