You can type here any text you want

Looking for GNX # 483 -

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3DOT8

Hello - I have never posted to an online forum despite being an automotive professional - so I appreciate any help from the fine members of this site! It was recommended to me by an employee.

I am looking for GNX # 483. It was originally purchased by My father New, and driven by him daily till his untimely death in 1988. The reason I am seeking this car:

I have all of the documentation for the car, Monroney label, Book, Jacket, ASC Letter, Owners manual etc etc. Figure if its in the hands of a collector, that might be of interest to them. If it would help, I have the VIN, etc.

The car was sold out from under my family by a business partner in a deal apparently to a movie studio/production company in 1989, it should have never been sold. We are a Buick family, my father also owned a T Type and 2 GN's. Long story, will spare the details.. but one of the "things I will do before I die" is at least locate this car, or determine that it "passed" The sentimental value of the car to several people is indescribable.

I have the original front License Plate of the car in my office in a Frame, it Reads:
"HOT GNX" so you might be able to recognize it that way if one of you was at a meet or something and saw that it still had that plate (I doubt). It was registered in California when it was sold.

I car faxed it a couple years ago and saw the last place it was registered was San Antonio Texas with nearly 50K on the clock.

Any help from you all would be great! I appreciate your time and effort.

Greetings,

We don't have current ownership information for 483 (yet) but we do have a fair number of additions coming in on a regular basis.

I have made a notation and, should the current owner register, I will be certain to pass your contact information along. Unfortunately that's all I can do at this point, but certainly we can all keep our eyes open for your Dad's old car.

Best of luck in your search!

Thanks Doug. That is very kind of you. I have some **upstanding** people I know doing some "digging" more along the lines of DMV registration. I will keep you posted, might need some advice on here if I end up with it one day! Thanks again!

Back