You can type here any text you want

Looking for the proper seat covers for 13B slate gray

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blacknight80

Hey guys,

Has anyone replaced seat covers lately? I was on g body parts and I can't seem to find a color matching carpet or seat covers. They do have a slate gray headliner and all the other interior trim pieces are available in the color. My carpet is filthy and the seats are faded so I'm not sure if they were different colors prior to the abuse. I may be able to save the carpet but the seats are botched. Are they supposed to be a slightly different color?

Thanks

I found that slate grey is the dash color. Still searching for the light grey that is on the rest of the hard parts and the seat color.

You have an '82 Sport Coupe, right? If so, it may be the same interior as a '82 GN. On the body tag (bolted to the cowl), there should be a "82" in the upper left. Just below it is the interior code. "13B" is light slate grey with charcoal dash. And on the bottom row should be A51 for the bucket seats.

The charcoal dash is nearly black it is so dark. The seat fabric is called "brandon velour cloth" and is sort of a diamond pattern.

1982 is light gray. In 1983 & 1984, it has a brownish tint called "sand gray". The 87 fabric is close and may be nearest to what you are looking for.

Yup got an 82 sc. I ordered a couple cans of light slate grey from gbody parts and it is dark, like the color of the dash. I have another low mile 83 regal with the sand grey and I compared some of the hard parts and my 82 sc looks a little more grey and less tan. I'm planning on repainting all of the hard plastic in my 82 to fleshing it up so from a non purist point of view it won't matter but I would like to make it stock. I read a post (of which I can't seem to find again) on gbody forum and someone said that there should be a tag on the bottom side of the bucket seat with a color and material on it but I couldn't find it on mine. There is also a series of numbers on the back of the door panel and I wonder if I could decipher it, it might tell me something. This car has spent some time in the sun so it's almost impossible to go off of the existing seat material.

Correction I ordered slate grey(not LIGHT slate grey). Damn!!! It looked real close to the dash color. Gbody parts sells a plain grey 1589 that list: T Type, monte ss, and 442. Wonder if this is close.

Just found this online. May help me but the slate grey is the wrong mfg code. Should be 13b not 13 an.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399922422.147007.jpg

I was able to get some vinyl dye mixed up into rattle cans at a paint supply. The sem color code for slate grey is 1675 and charcoal is 2637. It's not as cheap as the more common colors you can buy at the parts stores but should be worth the effort. Now to find ready made seat covers in the proper pattern and color. I think I'm aiming high on this one.

Back