You can type here any text you want

looking to install wideband but have some questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robztheman

I hope I am posting this in the correct place.
I am looking to get a wideband oxygen sensor and I am not sure if I can just install it in the current bung? I have Turbolink and a Scanmaster but can I wire the wide band to work on the stock ECM , Scanmaster and Turbolink ? Should I just weld a new O2 bung and get a gauge ? Another option is I know someone selling a LM-2 setup with O2 sensor and new bung.
Thanks
Rob

Stock location is too hot for a WB...On the dp, close to the firewall area, would be better.

Great thank you. Will a wideband work with the Ecm/turbolink and scanmaster ? Or should I just run them separate? My thinking was that the wideband would either make them work better or not at all. I was thinking the turbolink will work, the ecm wont and I am not sure about the scanmaster.​

Great thank you. Will a wideband work with the Ecm/turbolink and scanmaster ? Or should I just run them separate? My thinking was that the wideband would either make them work better or not at all. I was thinking the turbolink will work, the ecm wont and I am not sure about the scanmaster.​

No, a wideband will not interface with the stock ECM, Turbolink or Scanmaster in your present configuration. You would have to buy a standalone wideband with it's own gauge.

OR

You could ditch that 20 year old scantool (turbolink), and get into something far more modern like Powerlogger, whick would accept a wideband input, AND with powerlogger you would get a chip to upgrade your Scanmaster (if it isn't too old that is) to also read the wideband.

No, a wideband will not interface with the stock ECM, Turbolink or Scanmaster in your present configuration. You would have to buy a standalone wideband with it's own gauge.

OR

You could ditch that 20 year old scantool (turbolink), and get into something far more modern like Powerlogger, whick would accept a wideband input, AND with powerlogger you would get a chip to upgrade your Scanmaster (if it isn't too old that is) to also read the wideband.

OK Thanks.. That is the answer I was looking for .

Back