You can type here any text you want

lost one for the darkside..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wiked87gn

Banned
Last night i ran an 05 cobra, before the race the guy and I chatted for a bit, and he showed me his dyno sheet, 463 to the rear wheels and 460 pounds of torque on 12psi, i know i was outmatched but wth just do it for fun, i was running 21psi on alky 26 inch MT ET streets i know it a small tire my trannie slipping in 1st gear, still having issues with the car also shifting into second too early so the car falls on its face then takes off again once the RPM's pick up, i know the Cobra guy had a solid rear end and some gears but was running on street tires, we went to a local spot no cops and lined up, i did a little burn out and so did he, we went on 3 horn blips, i took off feathering the with a 5 pounds boost launch I didn't want the damn trannie to slip but it still did, i put about 2 cars on him right off the launch and kept it up intil 200 feet before the 1/4 mile line when he flew by me and then hit the brakes, i was pretty surprised i could hold him for that long considering i dont have heads, cam and need a bigger turbo :), this cobra guy was a good sport we chatted for about 1 more minute and parted our ways, some you win some you lose., Oh well next time i will come out with ported irons, bigger cam, 23psi and a T66 to go along with it, not to mention some new MT Drag radials and will seee what happens.. :)

"Oh well next time i will come out with ported irons, bigger cam, 23psi and a T66 to go along with it, not to mention some new MT Drag radials and will seee what happens.. '

Don't forget about the tranny! :D

Good run. Way to own up to the loss. Those ,04 S/C cobras can be very fast.

U still have Honor

And whos gonna talk crap anyway with a quote like that! ;) Is that from Pulp Fiction?

there is no 05 cobra, but good loss none the less, the 03/04s are dangerous cars to play with, most with simple boltons are in the low 12s, and add a few other things and they are freakin monsters

yeah sorry about the typo, it was an 04 cobra with a solid rear from an 03 cobra and some gears. my bad..

No shame losing to a 03/04 Cobra, they're pretty badass.

At least you didn't lose to a Honda or something. ;)

i pay money to hear the mustang guys story, ima go look for him on the other boards.

Knowing u kevin, id like to know how and what was said while you guys where "chatting for a bit".

after we raced we got side to side and he said good run i reply yeah it was good until the end where his top end charge got me., he also mentioned that i took off really slow compared to how most GN's take off, and that is true i was afraid to ethier spin and make the tires go up in smoke or have the trannie slip which both happen during my launch, honestly i think if my trannie was good and i was running some taller MT drag radials i could off launched even harder and he would not ever caught me on the top end, but hey there will be a next time and i will be ready for it ;).there were no if,buts or, he beat me fair and square but i was happy with the race considering the my trannie is slipping and the weak 26" tires that i was running.

wiked87gn said:
yeah sorry about the typo, it was an 04 cobra with a solid rear from an 03 cobra and some gears. my bad..

'03's have IRS also (all SVT's had IRS since '99) - - the solid rear would have had to came from a GT.
Good race though, There is this smack talkin' 03 Cobra owner that pretty much owns the NW street race spot and I have been itching to beat him since he bought the car. But my turbo has to grow up first! :redface:

well found out why i lost the race, my trannie pretty much fried the servo band it was like charcoal when they took it off, that explain the fallout between 1st and 2nd gear, the low pressure and soft shifts at normal throttle and also why my 1st gear was slippin at WOT, also found out that the guy who rebuild it last place some of the clutches in the wrong order the whole thing was a mess, hoping it will get fixed soon, i've also decided i wont need much turbo than what i have once i get the ported heads and cam it should pull just as hard with 15psi as it does with 20psi right now once the heads are done, cant wait to feel the difference also the stall is getting redone to a 3,600 i found out i had a 3,200 on it when i had initialy paid for a 3,600..

Back