You can type here any text you want

Lost post: sounds like a turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ttype83

USAF Retired
Some one posted that their NA sounded like a turbo when they were getting on it and was trying to find the problem(possiable vac leak)
I have searched all the way back to the beginning but can not find the post.
Who was it??? and what ended up being the problem????
Thanks
jim

I ADMIT IT!.....IT WAS ME! *sniffles*. No but yea it was me..its my compressor. still doin it. i dont care, the motors comin out in a couple months and the new one goes in w/ the 4spd muncie.:D

I thought it was you ;) I know that I'm getting old, but knew that some one had posted it but I could not find it.
I reason I asked is that I have a vac leak that I can not find, my car starts to whistle at about 4 or 3 Hg of vac, that's before the turbo starts to spool.
I've even disabled the turbo and it still does it.

Do you know if it is causing a vac leak on your car?
Thanks
jim

4 speed ???? nothing shifts faster than a auto, but nothing is funner than a stick ;)
With lots of torque you can pull on the shifter (when at WOT)and side step the clutch to get shifts within inches. BE VERY CAREFUL DOING THIS [b/] . I have blown a few muncie rockcrushers trans doing just this, plus throwing rods out the side of blocks, almost riping the rearend out of my camaro (to much weight & traction), shattering pressure plates & clutchs, ripping shifters out of the floor
OK now you see want can and WILL happen, have fun :D

Is it possible to convert to stick? and, What kinda engine are you puttin in

yea its possible...i just need to get the pedal assembly from either a el camino or malibu. then the crossmember and driveshaft. Also im puttin a chevy 355 in it from jasper racing...And T-Type.. i am puttin in the MSD ig. w/ rev limiter on it so i have no accidents ;)
Also its not causing a vacume leak.. take the belt off the comressor and see if it stops... mine was doin it b/c the pump was startin to go {i removed the belt} but so far im lookin at about 620 in parts and im tryin to get everythin ready so i can have it done in like a weekend {hopefully} this weekend im goin to a pick and pull to get a driveshaft to be cut. that will get me on the move.... also to locate a used radiator.

Originally posted by mr_85regal
i just need to get the pedal assembly from either a el camino or malibu

Good luck, not many were made. Hey, if you find an extra assembley send it my way:)

Back