You can type here any text you want

Lost to a Honda!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KevinB

It's true, my TType went down on the highway to a Del Sol :mad:

We had 2 pulls from 65-???. I lost by about 2 car lengths each time.

This Del Sol is very fast. It runs 11.8 @ 119 in the 1/4 mile. From the 1/8 to the 1/4, this car gains 25 mph! My car only gains 23 or so.I would get him from a dig (I ran a 11.32 last Friday.)

Sorry guys! I will do my best to beat him next time.

Bad thing is, I made a deal with myself that if I ever lost to a Honda, I would max my credit card out to make sure it doesn't happen again. What to do!?!

An 11.8 is fast for anything but a bike so I wouldn't be ashamed. Plus I would bet he's a pretty cool guy and not some thug/retard who thinks a filter and stickers would get him into the 10's. Nice death. And yes alky is the answer.

Yeah, the guy in the Honda is not a kid and is a nice person. The car is absolute sleeper. Not a single sticker and has stock wheels. Definitely not rice!

FlyinGn, I am not actually too mad anymore. This Honda has beat every car around here on the highway. In fact, I think it would take a 10 second Buick to beat him on the highway. 320 WHP and 2500 lbs = FAST!

nj87TType, injection would have not helped me. I was on full kill mode, race gas and all!

Should have a video of it soon.

del sol isnt a real car, its a go kart LOL. we have a 3500car. im sure he put a diff motor there too, plus im sure he spent a lot more money making it faster than it took you to make ur Gn fast. :biggrin:

ScottyRegal said:
del sol isnt a real car, its a go kart LOL. we have a 3500car. im sure he put a diff motor there too, plus im sure he spent a lot more money making it faster than it took you to make ur Gn fast. :biggrin:
True on the engine thing. Also, I don't have a 3500 lb car...my car wieghs 3650 ;)

I am asking for a rematch. I think my driving skills lost the race for me. I have never done a highway pull before. He was riding the brakes building up boost, while I was just flooring the car when we started.

I disagree w/ some, DONT hang your head...You made him earn it. We have a local civic h/b w/ 765 WHP that spins slicks and still runs 9.8** in the 1/4, he wipes almost every car, every weekend. fast is fast, regardless of what badge it flies.
However, I beat a GN in my old 03 1.8T jetta that ran consistent 14.0.....Now thats when you hang your head. :biggrin:

Racing fast imports from a roll is asking for it. Those cars have a much better HP to Weight ratio and your just playing their game.

But I would suspect you could put that card to go use with this stuff

Z06 Maf and Translator with 4" Cone
Drop 200 lbs
FMIC
70mm TB and Plenum

That will do it with ease and put you in the 10's in the 1/4. ;)

Email me if interested, I have a detailed list of stock part weights and the aftermarket stuff I did and am at 224lbs lost so far. I have an estimated 44lbs to go and still have door crash bars, heat etc.

Back