You can type here any text you want

Lot #387 – 1987 Buick Grand National GNX – $165,000 – a new world record

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
It's being discussed in the GNX forum as well as Internet find section. It might be highest auction price but not private party sale.

It actually sold for $150k....the $165 includes a 10% buyers premium on top of it. That car came from Ohio toy barn and has been discussed here many times. They had it for sale on their website for $109k...btw the side moldings are RIVETED on :eek:

I had a ttype with the moldings riveted on. I think it was a dealer option. I actually liked them better than the stick on junk used from the factory.

I did not see that about the molding what a shame riveted on. Not only that but wonder how its positoned compared to original? I did notice the incorrect battery. The other milestone at this auction was the Herbie VW fetching over 100 grand . Does not appear either of these vehicles was a bargain!

Makes the GNX I am selling for $46,900 a bargain....same owner since 1989 woman who is now 80 years young garaged day and nite since 1989.

The funny part is their had to be at least 2 people willing to spend that amount of coin on either of those two cars....one being the the fastest US production car in 1987 and the VW bug rated as one of the slowest for whatever year the Herbie bug was.
AT $100 grand I would think you could easily duplicate a Herbie VW bug and still have money left over!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Back