You can type here any text you want

Lotek Pillar Pod - Install Part 1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

So got some time today to look at the Lotek 2 Gauge Pillar pod for my TTA.

First the fit is pretty crap over all, the pillar pod is designed to fit ontop of the OEM pillar and be secured with 2 screws.

I started with positioning it as good as possible and drilling the 2 holes for the screws and then secured it in this position with the screws, you can see pictures (click link and then click on the thumbnails) and you can see how it fits ontop of the OEM pillar.

To secure it better I drilled a couple of small holes and used black aluminium rivets to hold it in place in a few strategic places making sure I got it to fit as good as possible on the OEM pillar. This way I got it to fit a bit better.

The worst area is the bottom as it's a bit shorter than the stock pillar and also at the top at the t-top, again see picture link, as nothing really matched at the t-top and it also made the t-top be a squeeze fitting it I decided to remove the part of the Lotek pillar in that area per my pictures.

After all this it fits and looks ok when installed in the car, no pictures of this yet as I still have to do some wiring so I'll post some more pictures once I got it installed in the car.

Overall taking the cost of the Lotek pillar I can live with it but I wish it would have been a direct bolt in with out all the hazzle to make it look decent ...

Anyway, hope this helps if someone else is going the Lotek route ...

http://www.tta1078.com/pillarpod/

Hey Jan
I see you cut off the top part and I assume one reason was the screw hole in the Lotek was not even close to lining up to the factory screw hole ?
What did you use to cut the top piece off ?
I too bought the Lotek and have not yet installed it. I purchased an extra A pillar from Ebay and will do what you did, rivet it.
I guess now that its riveted to the factory A pillar, its just a matter of fishing the electrical wires from the gauges down between the two pods and snapping the pod back onto the A pillar.
Would appreciate any photos once installed.

Yep cut off the top part, just used a file to cut throught the plastic once I had the Lotek pillar rivited to my spare OEM one (also picked up a spare years ago for this purpose, believe I got it in LA during one of my visits).

Not only is the actual hole in the wrong place but the fit is derrible in the t-top area and also withe the Lotek pillar ontop of the OEM in that area made my t-top more or less impossible to install again ...

Just wiring to be done for my Casper knock gauge and I'm done, I might get to it tomorrow otherwise next weekend. I will update the link with more photos and let you guys know how things went once done.

Shame you should have to go through that trouble with something that should fit :mad: I have an autometer 3 guage pillar(I installed air/fuel, knock, and boost)in my car and the fit is good, it fits over the stock pillar same as the lotek and interestingly enough the part you had to cut off was already missing on it.

I looked at the Autometer as well and was initally planning to go that route but someone told me the pods not deep enough for all brands of gauges so I got the Lotek one as well. Clever of Autometer not to mold that part at the top for the t-top ....

Back