You can type here any text you want

Louie Lopez SBC Turbo V8 GN at Reynolds runs 8.97 @167mph.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI_mElnQecE[/YOUTUBE]

Bad ass car

Thats one BAD ASS CAR! whats the price on doing the flip to a SBC turbo V8?

I wont dare quote ya. It depends on how fast you want to go and how much of your own work you are willing to do. I did all of my own work,, engine, fab work ect.. I was lucky to have talented friends and Hartline Performance on my side.

I must mention that the converter slip on that pass was 15%. Too tall tire with not enough gear.My fault. Quite possible with slip in the 6-7% it will go 170 MPH at its current tune.

I wont dare quote ya. It depends on how fast you want to go and how much of your own work you are willing to do. I did all of my own work,, engine, fab work ect.. I was lucky to have talented friends and Hartline Performance on my side.

I must mention that the converter slip on that pass was 15%. Too tall tire with not enough gear.My fault. Quite possible with slip in the 6-7% it will go 170 MPH at its current tune.

Nice car Louie. Well thought out under the hood. Are you going to stay with the Glide??? Ever wonde if that 15% has anything to do with killing the trans:confused:

Stepping up with the big boys Louie!

Car looks great! There is always more in it......right:eek:

Nice car Louie. Well thought out under the hood. Are you going to stay with the Glide??? Ever wonde if that 15% has anything to do with killing the trans:confused:

Sam,
Thanks ! I agree with you. The slip smoked the fluid. That coupled with the extra HP from the new valve springs, just over 4 MPH increase just from the springs . Upon inspection the trans was perfect, band still had the brand lettering on it. It just snapped the input shaft. And that poor shaft held all it could..LOL.

Im going to run some Syn compressor oil in it next. That with the new shaft she should be fine.

Claude,
Thanks !

Back