You can type here any text you want

low 02's and getting knock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hakkers

Hi there i am very new to the buick community and i am from ontario canada, I recently bought a 86 buick t type and was getting lots of knock and low 02 on scanmaster with 42lb injectors tt 5.7 chip and 17psi hot wire and pump so installed stock chip and injectors and still get about 750mv and about 4 on the knock also turned boost down to 10psi? maf seems good and fuel pressure rises 1-1 dont know where to go from here?

anyone? i heard you guys on here where the go to place to get any help this is really driving me nuts and do not want to start throwing money at it for nothing?

anyone? i heard you guys on here where the go to place to get any help this is really driving me nuts and do not want to start throwing money at it for nothing?

just warmed the car up and got these numbers?
o2- 200-750 all over the place still in open loop i think ? also does not go much higher maybe a little when on the road
af-05
L8-50
bat-14v
Int-133
bl-115
clt-148
ats-78
rpm-650
tps-.48
iac-70

also does not seem to idle very well also has shut off the odd time after letting off the gas like the idle is too low but tps seems good mabye iac?

148-clt is not warmed up enough, put in a new 02 sensor cruise around moderately for 15 min then check again, tps is high, rpm is low, iac is high, blm is low, are you monitoring fuel press?
cpu is reducing fuel, iac is stuck or dirty, vac leaks.....what fuel pump? hot wire? chip? bad maf and 02 for starters...

i have a walbro 340 pump with a hot wire the fuel does rise 1-1 i have been checking and eliminating vacume lines have removed hvac,cruise,and capped lines off also do not have the vacume ball hooked up either if that matters? and for the maf im just going by the reading on scanmaster at about 240 that its good but maybe not ? i have the stock chip in it right now and running anly 10 psi ill try cleaning the iac or replacing and try new o2 and borrow a maf thanks also fp is approx 43 line off

Take the stock chip and throw it in the woods then go find it and throw it some more. Story is don't use it. Put the 5.7 back in and go from there. Do as V6 sleeper said. Get the IAC right first, then the TPS. Set the TPS to 44 at idle.

ok i threw the stock chip as far as i could twice and reinstaled tt chip 18psi 43lb injectors 93 octane and seem to run good at 10 psi with no knock seemed to idle better too so started turning boost up slow and watching o2 and fuel pressure got to about 15 psi and know getting about 7 knock and a couple times i heard like a quick boost leak when starting to make boost ( like a boost hose blew off) but found nothing and car still seem to run fine her are the numbers when i got home
02-860
af-06
L8-36
bat-14
int-128
bl-118
clt-190
ats-95
rpm-875
tps-.42
iac-66
thanks for any help
oh and if it matters the car feels really good and pulls hard when up to full boost pressure about 15psi then kinda just does nothing if that makes sense

Numbers look good this time around, only thing outta wack is the iac should be about 10-25 for a steady idle.. keep an eye on the coolant you don't want it going much above 190 to me that's already in the red zone, you could have a possible cracked header if you hear boost leak upon spool up, if its cracked it will be difficult to build boost beyond a certain point say 15#s depending ...the knock can be any number of things that have to be checked.

If you do have a cracked header, it will be on the driver side. At the two pipes that are join together closest to the firewall. Also how are you checking boost? If you are using the factory gauge they are a POS. Get a after market one.

i know my clt is high i noticed my coolant fan is not running also checked the header but did not see anything from the top anyway would it be cracked from the bottom? yes i have a kirban piller style boost gauge .The funny boost sound was just when i hit the pedal to the floor and only did it twice? Also not sure how to get my iac to come down any ? any suggestions how to reset or adjust it?

i know my clt is high i noticed my coolant fan is not running also checked the header but did not see anything from the top anyway would it be cracked from the bottom? yes i have a kirban piller style boost gauge .The funny boost sound was just when i hit the pedal to the floor and only did it twice? Also not sure how to get my iac to come down any ? any suggestions how to reset or adjust it?

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/basics.htm#IAC (Idle Air Control) Adjustment

ok i got my iac under control its around 23 seems to idel better and got my engine cooling fan hooked up tokeep temps down but i am still getting low 02 aroud 710 and getting about 4 knock also seem to find that know when i but the pedal to the floor quick it sound like it blows a boost hose off But if i but pedel to the floor slower or atleast get some boost built then go to floor it runs great and pulls hard untill i see the knock have been checking fuel pressure and seems good also added octane booster and no difference Please help i hate seing the knock go on the scanmaster

ok i got my iac under control its around 23 seems to idel better and got my engine cooling fan hooked up tokeep temps down but i am still getting low 02 aroud 710 and getting about 4 knock also seem to find that know when i but the pedal to the floor quick it sound like it blows a boost hose off But if i but pedel to the floor slower or atleast get some boost built then go to floor it runs great and pulls hard untill i see the knock have been checking fuel pressure and seems good also added octane booster and no difference Please help i hate seing the knock go on the scanmaster
What octane boost? Most don't do much to raise octane levels sufficiently.

I would expect to see some knock at 18psi with only 93 octane (assuming worthless octane boost), although some have done better and not every car is the same.

i have tried stp and lucas octane booster from auto parts store and i also talked to turbo tweak about my chip and apparaently its built for a stretched intercooler and a larger turbo if this has anything to do with my problem and i am only running 15 psi as of right now

i have tried stp and lucas octane booster from auto parts store and i also talked to turbo tweak about my chip and apparaently its built for a stretched intercooler and a larger turbo if this has anything to do with my problem and i am only running 15 psi as of right now

Yes, the chip is some of your problem. Send it back to Eric and get it re-burn for what you have. Will be the best $55 you will spend

I don't use octane booster but the only one that I've heard of that actually works is Torco. Or you could go old school and use xylene or toluene...

The 710 is proof that your A/F ratio is lean. This is a number that needs to be 800. You say the fuel pressure is good. How much fuel pressure do you have at 15 lbs of boost?
If you have 58 lbs of pressure,I would turn the base fuel pressure up by 5 lbs and observe the O2 number at WOT to see if it rises. You'll also want to make sure that the new WOT fuel pressure is 63 lbs.
If your first fuel pressure reading is less than 58 lbs,you have a fuel delivery problem.

Back