low boost

bigdaddytodd

I haven't driven the Turbo T much lately, but decided to take it for a spin. It would only pull about 15# of boost in all gears. It normally pulls about 22-23#. I haven't changed anyting! It has a high pressure acuator, so I tighten it 3-4 full turns and boost went to 16#s. Where do I need to start. Everything has worked as intended for 3 years. Help? I hear a slight sucking under the hood. I did not have to investigate yet. I seems to run like hell, just not at same boost level.

sounds like a major vacuum leak, which will turn into a major boost leak when the turbo spools up. Boost hoses leaking wouldn't make a sucking sound at idle. check the vacuum lines/block/pcv and intake/plenum/throttle body gaskets. If you have a fuel pressure gauge and vacuum gauge these will let you know for sure if it's a vacuum leak.

I haven't driven the Turbo T much lately, but decided to take it for a spin. It would only pull about 15# of boost in all gears. It normally pulls about 22-23#. I haven't changed anyting! It has a high pressure acuator, so I tighten it 3-4 full turns and boost went to 16#s. Where do I need to start. Everything has worked as intended for 3 years. Help? I hear a slight sucking under the hood. I did not have to investigate yet. I seems to run like hell, just not at same boost level.

does the power feel the same or does it felt like it lost some power?

Power doesn't feel that far off. I 've adjusted the Turbotweak chip just the same as usual, but guage only shows 15-16#s of boost. Tires still spinning and charging hard. I need to let my old school mechanic look @ it. He's forgotten more than I know.:smile: