low idle then engine cut-off please HELP!

kTrainHurricane

Vader Drives a GN
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Since i got my car (about a month or so ago) it has been running fine. Always starts up on the first crank when cold which has made me extremely happy, and there has never been a problem on a warm start up either. I have put about 500-800 miles on the car since i've had it, and out of no where this problem came about.

I had noticed that sometimes (happened 3 times so far) when crusing at low rpms around 1200-2000 in 2nd gear (i'm pretty sure), under very slow acceleration, if any, the car will start to bogg out and feel almost like a car does when it runs out of gas. If i raise the rpm its fine, and if i let it drop down to ~1750 again it doesnt do it anymore. i mentioned this to another member and he said his car does the same thing, and figures it is just one of those common things. But on to the "real" problem...

I drove the car today and it was fine. I went to get lunch and then to work, which is about 12 miles away and got there around 4:30. When i was leaving for work around 10:00 i went to start the car, and it did so fine. However, after about 5 seconds or so, the idle dropped from around 1100 (which is where it always is on a cold start up) to about 500-600, and then cut off. I started it again (it started fine) and then it did the same thing with the idle - i didnt let it cut off this time but instead gave some gas and raised it to about 1500-2000 for approx 15-20 secs, let off, and it started dropping right away. I rasied throttle, let off and shifted into drive really quick, and drove about 20 parking spaces or so (to load up the trash to dump out behind the building). Here i put the car in park, idle dropped a little but didnt cut off, got back in, revved it a little, let off and THEN it dropped again.

On the ride home it stayed at 900-1000 at redlights and stuff, which is where it is usually at. Can anybody help with this?! :confused:

Scanmaster has been orderd, but not received yet. I figured that it should tell me what the problem is, but i thought i'd ask in the meantime