You can type here any text you want

Low Impedance Injectors?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

I'm in the process of parts collection for the stock 3.8 computer controled 4.1L twin turbo thats I'm building. The current electronics plan is to use the stock 86/87 TR/GN ECM, harness and sensors as the base on which I am adding a LS1 MAF with the Ramcharger's MAF translator+ and extender chip custom burned for the application. My worry now is that I won't be capable of running high impedence injectors with this set up before they run out of capacity. What sort of modifications and how much money are we talking about to be able to run low impedence injectors to make sure I can flow enough fuel and air and run the computer to make this thing come to life?

Thanks,

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
Howdy,

I'm in the process of parts collection for the stock 3.8 computer controled 4.1L twin turbo thats I'm building. The current electronics plan is to use the stock 86/87 TR/GN ECM, harness and sensors as the base on which I am adding a LS1 MAF with the Ramcharger's MAF translator+ and extender chip custom burned for the application. My worry now is that I won't be capable of running high impedence injectors with this set up before they run out of capacity. What sort of modifications and how much money are we talking about to be able to run low impedence injectors to make sure I can flow enough fuel and air and run the computer to make this thing come to life?

Thanks,

You can get 60 PPH saturated injectors now.

If you want to run 72 PPH ones, then I think it's $125 to have your ecm modified for the low impedance injectors.

Some of the vendors don't have drivers to modify ECM. Full Throttle is modifing mine now for $139.00.:cool:

I've heard that there is a one-off low Z driver that somebody made that is installed in the injector harness rather than having to modify the ECM all the time. Appearently this one is very different from what is offered on the net as it needs no heat sinking because it is supposed to be *very* efficient. Wish I knew more about it as it sure sounds like the way to do the low Z thing.

Nick

Back