You can type here any text you want

Low Profile Intake Manifold

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DELMON1

Does anyone know where I can get a low profile Intake Manifold for my 1980 3.8, Both Edelbrock and Holley are to high. The one I have on my car is 3 1/2 inches high, but it does not have a name on it, just these numbers, 25512236. I can not go any higher unless I put a scoop on my hood which I do not want to do. Any help appreciated.:confused:

Try the Before Black Guys farther down the page, they know carbed stuff a bit better. A suggestion would be a factory 4.1 4bbl carbed intake.

25512236 sounds like the factory 4.1 aluminum intake to me.

I'd get a book called V-6 Performance by Pay Ganahl. It would have pictures of most of the aftermarket intakes.

You are right, on page 97 of V-6 Performance it show the manifold, so now I will start searching the local Wrecking yards. Thanks.

Originally posted by DELMON1
.........The one I have on my car is 3 1/2 inches high, but it does not have a name on it, just these numbers, 25512236......

If you have a 4.1 intake it should work with any after-market Q-Jet carb. The 4.1 stock intake is pretty good. I still have mine and it worked great!

However, the Edelbrock intake made for the Buick V-6 is better. Yes it is taller and a Q-Jet is not a direct bolt-on to the Edelbrock intake... :( (you'll need an adapter).

I cut out-out the braces on the hood that touch the top of the air cleaner on my Buick and this cleared the hood. I have the Edelbrock, Q-Jet and Edelbrock after-market air cleaner with a adapter for the fit, (Q-Jet to Edelbrock intake).

The total height is a little more than 4-inches. And this is on an '81 Buick Regal.

No clearance problems at all... :cool:

My Buick engine is in a 1980 Triumph TR7, so I have a big time problem with clearance. I would rather use the Edelbrock, but I hate to butcher the hood, not sure what kind of scoop I would have to use.

Yikes! :eek:

TR7's are cool. Have'nt seen one since my high school days.
I see what you mean about not much clearance. That 3.8 in that car will rip pavement....too bad it aint aspirated. Then it would be very unique! :cool:

It'll be nice if you could find a spare hood in some wrecking yard.
A hood scoop would not be too bad if done well. Sadly though you will have to chop the hoop. :(

None of those intakes in the V6 Performance book are low profile. They are all engineered as high-rise. That's what gives 'em their additional horsepower. Good Luck!

Help!

I just put in this manifold into my car, its a 3.8L, everything bolted up without a hitch, except i had to get crafty with most of the rad hoses due to using the old thermostat housing. I am running an Edelbrock Preformer series carb on this....it is recieving fuel....as far as i know recieving spark as well...yet I cannot get it to start...it just keeps cranking and cranking...Im running out of ideas as to what the problem might be...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Dude,

Did you remove the distributor? Cause if you did then you might have put the firing order and timing out of wack. :cool:

DELMON1 said:
Does anyone know where I can get a low profile Intake Manifold for my 1980 3.8, Both Edelbrock and Holley are to high. The one I have on my car is 3 1/2 inches high, but it does not have a name on it, just these numbers, 25512236. I can not go any higher unless I put a scoop on my hood which I do not want to do. Any help appreciated.:confused:

I'll look in the shop tomorrow, I have a couple in there, brand new, let me see exactly what the #'s are on them and I'll get back with you.

:cool:

Back