low volts excessive heat

wanttogofast

hello everyone, since I picked my car up from getting the tranny rebuilt I have experienced temps up around or over 200*. I need to know if there is a need for concern. With the tranny rebuild I also had a big trans cooler and a 9" vigilante put on. Would the converter and blockage of the rad cause these unusual temps? Also, for quite some time now I have had to jump my battery after the car had been sitting for a couple days. And after I drove the car the battery would charge and stay charged if I drove the car or if not for the couple days and die. Today i went to the emissions and of course I failed with no cat, but had to be pushed out of the bay and given a jump. I am thinking alternator but could be something else. Please help!

Thanx,
Jay

Personally, unless it's a new battery, I would say the charging problem is probably more likely the battery since the car runs once it's started. I assume the volt light doesn't come on and the car runs for a while. But I suppose it could be the alternator too. Or something causing a large drain on the battery when the car is off...

Derrick