You can type here any text you want

Low Z injectors+resistors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drac0nic

It ain't easy livin free
anyone ever do this before? How well does it work? Does it change the requirements in regards to injector pulse duration in the chip?

Originally posted by Drac0nic
anyone ever do this before? How well does it work? Does it change the requirements in regards to injector pulse duration in the chip?

Injectors are voltage sensitive.
Changing the operating voltage changes all the lag times in how they operate. So while in theory you could use that system, in reality, you'll spend MANY hours trying to get the calibration correct.

Not to mention, that the P+H as designed for us in out cars, need to have the fast operating times, so the you can have a decent idle, with a larger injector.

These are 50s, I know where I can get some of em for next to nothing why I'm asking. On that point, I popped the box and was looking. The drivers appear to be BJTs with a TO-220 package according to NTE quickcross. According to the info I've got on em they're good for about 2 amps peak, but VCB is 500 volts max. Do I have the right info, or am I going with the wrong info? Anyone know what they're swapping the old ones out with to make em low-Z boxes, or would there be more to it then just this? Would I say need to increase the gain of my previous driver stages and/or rebias for the new transistors?

Back