You can type here any text you want

Lower ball joints....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Freddie's Buick

Hell No! I'm not a junior
Never replaced them before. Has anyone ever done this? They look like they're pressed on.

Can anyone give me pointers on how to remove? The uppers are simple enough, (fork removal tool and remove riveted original ball joint).

I used to do this on the lowers too before the G-bodies of '81 and up came up with this method for ball joints.

The lower ones I need recommendations on how to remove and how to install. (Please don't anyone tell me to take it to a local alignment shop, I know I do better work).

I've done a few. I use that orange arbor press in my garage though. If you want to yank off the arms and drag them over to the house it will only take about an hour to change them. I think I have a ball joint tool from Horrible Freight too. I dont trust it. The first one I had broke on the first ball joint and I was afraid to use the warranty tool they gave me after that. Cheap Chineese welding.

We may be able to use that fork on the rattlers living in the Riviera? :biggrin:

How hard is it to remove the bottom arm? :eek:(Luckily it's only one side).

They do make a heavy C frame press for removing the ball joint on the car. I have used one for years with no problems. Most tool stores have them. :smile:

Back