You can type here any text you want

lowering springs & GNX wheels??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HIGH_ON_BOOST

Is anyone running a set of eibach lowering springs (about a 1" or 1 1/2" drop) and GNX wheels? If you are, what size tire and back spacing do u run?

I am running Kirban's GNX style wheels and Suspension Techniques lowering springs, about 1 1/2" drop. Check with Pete Hoffman at Kirbans, the backspacing is 4, 4 1/8, 4 1/4" ???? I run 245/50r16 rear and 245/45r16 front. Only clearance problem is the front tire hitting the swaybar when turned to lock. Add a heavier front swaybar and Bilstein shocks and dont forget to tighten that seatbelt!!:cool:

Do u hook with them, cause i have a set of 225/60/15 firestone firehawks and i loose traction almost every time the boost hits, which can be anywhere from 20 to 40 mph. They also cant hold more then 4 lbs. at the line, and if i launch it at 4lbs. i just sit there spinning'em. I am really tierd of beating corvettes by only a lenght or two.

springs

I just installed lowering springs this weekend. The car dropped about 1.5 inches in the rear and 2 inches in the front. I used SpringTech springs. Ithink the Eibach's only drop about one inch. I run GTA wheels with 255/50/16 BFG drag radials on the rear and 245/50/16 Coopers on the front. I run 1 inch spacers on the front and no spacers on the back. Car sits nice and tires have plenty of clearance.

I recently installed full HR rear suspension. Last weekend I also installed tubular front upper control arms, the Blazer ZQ8 disc brake conversion and all new Energy Suspension bushings. It all worked out nicely although installing the front springs was a #@%$.

Where do u get the Spring techs? I was going to get the Eibachs but it seems that 1" isnt that much...

275/55/16 M & H on rears
245/50/16 on fronts

Kirban GNX wheels all around
Eibachs & Bilsteins @ all 4 corners

NO Spacers,no notch frame,no rubbing

ATR rear sway bar,stock sway bar up front

Where do u get the Spring techs? I was going to get the Eibachs but it seems that 1" isnt that much...

You would be suprised how much difference 1" drop makes.
1-1/2" to 2" puts these cars down in the grass, looks good but really gets 'em low.
I have eibachs, 1" drop.

Attachments

• 3C0CA1C7.jpg
    3C0CA1C7.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 291
1-1/2" to 2" puts these cars down in the grass, looks good but really gets 'em low.
I have eibachs, 1" drop.

Thats only a 1" drop??? Maybe I shouldnt get the Spring techs...

I have eibachs, 1" drop.

That looks fantastic, just where I want mine to sit. But I guarantee 1" won't get mine as low as yours. Every car's result's will vary. I found some mid-80's F-body springs at the junkyard and threw them on the car, now my rear is about where yours is, but the car almost appears a little higher in the front. I was debating on getting 2" spindles for the front, but think it might be a little too much. Was also thinking about cutting a coil out of the front spring, but am thinking that might be too "ghetto". I don't know... Nothing beats free :D

Don't forget wheel and tire size. I run GTA wheels but TKGN1 run 17"s with Nittos. I don't plan to run a taller tire then 26". I don't think I could get a 28" tire under mine anymore. I may run a wider tire though. Larger wheels and tires will look and fit the fender wells differently. One inch would not have been enough drop for me. Choose wisely.

The eibach's are advertised as 1" drop. Admittedly, I think it dropped a tad more than 1 inch, but not much more.

Back