You can type here any text you want

LS-1 Calipers & S-10 spindles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

Does anyone know for sure if the LS-1 calipers ,rotors and brackets will fit and work On a S-10 spindle?

Aren't S-10 spindles the same as G-body spindles? To install LS1 brakes on a G-body, you have to alter the stock spindle, make a hub, and buy a bracket to accomodate it all.

No-not the same, the S-10 already comes with a cut down hub that doesn't have to be modified and I believe the LS-1 rotors will slip right on to.Just don't know if the calipers will work with the modified bracket.

I know there's an upgrade for g-bodies using S10 brakes. My understanding is it's a bolt on. LS1 brakes are totally different and would require a bracket to mount the LS1 caliper. So, I may be confused as to the answer you're looking for. All I know is I put LS1 front brakes on my GN. :D

No-not the same, the S-10 already comes with a cut down hub that doesn't have to be modified and I believe the LS-1 rotors will slip right on to.Just don't know if the calipers will work with the modified bracket.
There was thread with a guy selling a bracket and bolts so that you could use zo6 brakes with a s 10 spindle and hub im not sure on the ls1 brakes but the the bracket seemed fairly simple im sure 1 could be made to adapt to the ls1 brakes also...I dont think its a straight bolt on someone would have figured that out by now either on here or on the s 10 forums but i guess you never know till you try..You are the first person ive heard to metion tryin it though...:cool:

I am trying to find out if I can put the ls1 brakes & brackets on a s-10 spindle and if it's a direct bolt on using the ls1 caliper bracket-it was mentioned that someone did it with ZO6 brake calipers so I'm thinking it's a direct bolt on without having to cut the spindle and hub down like the stock parts-it would save alot of work plus I ve been putting together parts to do the ls1 swap.

It's not a direct bolt on blues. You need an adaptor to go where the original caliper bracket mounts, then you can use the bigger calipers.

I am trying to find out if I can put the ls1 brakes & brackets on a s-10 spindle and if it's a direct bolt on using the ls1 caliper bracket-it was mentioned that someone did it with ZO6 brake calipers so I'm thinking it's a direct bolt on without having to cut the spindle and hub down like the stock parts-it would save alot of work plus I ve been putting together parts to do the ls1 swap.

Maybe there's some visual help here ..

Flynbye Performance LLC

Is the adapter the same one you would use on a LS-1 caliper swap? Cause if so I have a pair of those already.

I actually talked to ed miller (flynbye performance) about having brackets made to mount ls1 calipers on the 98-05 blazer spindles (the spindles you guys are talking about, that are often inaccurately called "zq8" spindles)

He makes brackets to put corvette calipers on them, but not the 98-02 f-body calipers. the reason is because the bolts that mount the caliper to te bracket would interfere with the bolts that mount the bracket to the spindle. therefore such brackets would require welded studs instead of bolts which is alot more work, and IMO not as safe and could be a liability.

Thanks-that's great because I already have the corvette calipers, I guess I ll have to give flynbye a call-planning on buying new spindles from them anyway. When I get it all together I ll post pics of the assembly and parts needed. Thanks for all the input.

Back