You can type here any text you want

Lug nuts for Riken wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eagleguy

I have the GNX style Riken wheels on my 86 T Type. The current lugs appear to be the stock two piece type that separate over time. Is there a specific style solid lug nut I need to replace the stock ones with? I believe they are 12 x 1.5 metric but could be wrong. I would like to get a set that won't corrode or rust out over time. Any ideas or part numbers? McGuard?

Steve, I purchased the Mcgard wheels nuts for my T. I had the same issue as you, as the originals were rusty and worn. I'm very happy with the Mcgards, they're a quality wheel nut. I'm pretty sure they are 12 x 1.5

Not sure what lugs are on mine but they aren't capped...Mike

Steve, I purchased the Mcgard wheels nuts for my T. I had the same issue as you, as the originals were rusty and worn. I'm very happy with the Mcgards, they're a quality wheel nut. I'm pretty sure they are 12 x 1.5
Do you know if they were Mcgard 64002?

I already loosened and popped off two caps on my lug nuts requiring some liquid steel to hold things together. Rather have one piece. I can get a set of 20 Mcgards for around $40

I already loosened and popped off two caps on my lug nuts requiring some liquid steel to hold things together. Rather have one piece. I can get a set of 20 Mcgards for around $40

Just ordered McGards...The 12mm x 1.5 is correct for stock studs. There are only 4 lugs in the pkge. Guess they want to sell you a set of 4 locks, too. The 5 packs I ordered were about $60.

Just ordered McGards...The 12mm x 1.5 is correct for stock studs. There are only 4 lugs in the pkge. Guess they want to sell you a set of 4 locks, too. The 5 packs I ordered were about $60.
Part number? If its the same I will jump on the set of 20 (5 boxes 4 each) as the $40 price seems to be a good one.

Should have checked Gorilla Nuts , http://www.gorilla-auto.com/ they have just about anything you would need . Get the part number from their website then order them from Summit .

Should have checked Gorilla Nuts

1 experience w/ that "stuff", and it was a disaster. Seems Billet Specs sells that product w/ their overpriced wheels. The washers rusted, didn't fit the washers, the nut chrome peeled, all within the first month of first use.
McGard is the replacement. Still looking new, 5 yrs later.

1 experience w/ that "stuff", and it was a disaster. Seems Billet Specs sells that product w/ their overpriced wheels. The washers rusted, didn't fit the washers, the nut chrome peeled, all within the first month of first use.
McGard is the replacement. Still looking new, 5 yrs later.
WOW ! Those lugs come with a 1yr. warranty ,should have sent them back . Mine look great .....so far and they have only been on a few months . I'll have new ones on come the end of July when I get my new wheels . Then I'll have these . http://www.championbillet.com/long-shank-lug-nut-open-end/

Last edited:
Got the Gorillas from Autoanything for $40 shipped. If they last like my last set I will be a Happy Camper.

WOW ! Those lugs come with a 1yr. warranty ,should have sent them back . Mine look great .....so far and they have only been on a few months . I'll have new ones on come the end of July when I get my new wheels . Then I'll have these . http://www.championbillet.com/long-shank-lug-nut-open-end/
They did go back, and then the pissin contest started. Billet was 'supposed" to refund my $... Never happened. Bought the Mcgards.

Back