You can type here any text you want

M/T 29.5x10.5W Slicks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

9SECVSIX

Anyone using the M/T 29.5x10.5W with notched frame rails, rolled fenders, 10" rims (5"-5") tire well has been releaved in the front on the bottom. Am using a 29x11 Hoosier now with a 1/8" spacers, the book give the M/T another 1/3" wider on the cross sectional dimension. These Hoosiers suck:mad
Just wondering what others were up against using this tire, one gentleman with notched rails said he couldn't get this tire under his car.
thanks
Brent
9.41@145 and out of turbo!

Originally posted by 9SECVSIX
Anyone using the M/T 29.5x10.5W with notched frame rails, rolled fenders, 10" rims (5"-5") tire well has been releaved in the front on the bottom. Am using a 29x11 Hoosier now with a 1/8" spacers, the book give the M/T another 1/3" wider on the cross sectional dimension. These Hoosiers suck:mad
Just wondering what others were up against using this tire, one gentleman with notched rails said he couldn't get this tire under his car.
thanks
Brent
9.41@145 and out of turbo!

Brent,

Running MT 29.5x10.5 not W's or Goodyear 29x12's :cool: on my
"T" with frame notch/lip roll and Pro-Star 10" rims with 5 1/2" B.S. with no problems.
Not sure if the W's are going to help you out that much over the standards.? We have been able to get low 1.3's 60' at 3680-3700#
I'm pretty sure the sidewall width of the W's are to wide for a standard frame notched/rolled lip set-up.

I am currently hacking on my T to fit those tires. You will need to hack all of the frame rail away but the back wall. I am mini-tubbing mine as well and I think you'll have clearance problems both at the front and the back of the wheel tub. With these mods the 29.5x10.5Ws fit...barely. I am not done cutting mine as I haven't been able to get the plasma cutter lately. You can see how tight it is so far here:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/frederik32212/lst?.dir=/rear+tire+clearance&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t

I know Dave Bamford's got these on his car, and I think Cal Hartline could fit them as well although he's currently running something smaller. Good luck!

Hey Brent,I ran those tires on my old car.The frame was cut then moved inward the thickness of the frame.Then I moved the wheel wells over the same amount and fill in the gap with a stripe of sheetmetal.I also had the rear cut 1/2 inch on the ends.So that would bring the tire inward.
Tony

M/T 29.5x10.5W

Thanks for the replys guys:)
Nice project going there Kendall, thanks for the pic's
That M/T 10.5W is basically a 11.5" tire with a stiffer side wall and a false passport:D Your right Kendall there's no way that's going to fit in my fender wells, FWIW the 29.5x11.5 was all I could stuff in the wells of the 71 skylark.
Joe did you notice much of a difference in the sectional width of the regular 29.5x 10.5 M/T and the 29x12" Good Year? Am thinking the 29x11 Good years would do me fine, I've never run the Good Years before, FWIW I did use the regural 29.5x10.5 a few years back, it's really a 30" tall tire, am still using the stock 3.42's I like the idea of a stiffer side wall slick. They don't prep the tracks up my way like they do to the south and west:mad:
have a happy 4th guys;)
Brent

Re: M/T 29.5x10.5W

Originally posted by 9SECVSIX
Thanks for the replys guys:)
Nice project going there Kendall, thanks for the pic's
That M/T 10.5W is basically a 11.5" tire with a stiffer side wall and a false passport:D Your right Kendall there's no way that's going to fit in my fender wells, FWIW the 29.5x11.5 was all I could stuff in the wells of the 71 skylark.
Joe did you notice much of a difference in the sectional width of the regular 29.5x 10.5 M/T and the 29x12" Good Year? Am thinking the 29x11 Good years would do me fine, I've never run the Good Years before, FWIW I did use the regural 29.5x10.5 a few years back, it's really a 30" tall tire, am still using the stock 3.42's I like the idea of a stiffer side wall slick. They don't prep the tracks up my way like they do to the south and west:mad:
have a happy 4th guys;)
Brent

Brent,
I don't have the specs, but the Goodyear 29x12's would easily fit my set-up but the MT 29.5x10.5 W's would not.
I had to run the MT 29.5x10.5 standards because of rules!!
:rolleyes: Of course the 30" tire works well with 3.89's.

My frame was notched first by re-enforcing (boxing back-side) then cutting back to the original back part of frame. The front portion was worked and rewelded to make everthing appear stock. The wheel wells were cut, moved, and filled and also appear stock. I think if I remember correctly I gained about 2 1/4" of additional room for tire side wall width with the notch & rolled lip. I had run this set-up with my stock rear & also the 9" ford which was made to stock dimensions.

I'll see if I can find those darn sidewall specs on the Goodyears, but they difinitely run a narrower side wall width then the MT W's

Back