You can type here any text you want

Machine Shop Sarasota area

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pace 1989

I'm looking to have a machine shop do the bronze valve guides that S&S told me was done for the rebuild. Anyway, does anyone know of a good machine shop in the Sarasota area? Anyone that specializes in Turbo Buick/TTA? Any help is appreciated, and Happy New Year!

Ken TTA#1426

O.K. how about the Bradenton to St. Pete area? Anyone?? There has got to be some out there. I got burned once, and don't want to take my TTA to a hack again. Please help.

Ken TTA#1426

I can give you three. I have used all three shops. All good but nobody is perfect. In Sarasota you have Gulf wind marina they used to be a great machine shop but have slid down the ladder some lately. On the south side is Keeche's machine they to are a good shop. If you want the best in my opion go to Venice auto machine. Ask for Eric and have him do the work.They are a very good machine shop. Most all of the fastest stuff is comming from there.Have a good day.

THANK YOU!!!

Thanks, I have put off doing some work because I couldn't get a good referral. Thanks again, and if you ever need anything I can help with let me know, I'm in Sarasota also.

Ken TTA#1426

where did you get burned ken?

Ken what shop did you have a bad experience with? Im curious, as it may be the same one that burned me. you can email me at justalittle6@aol.com Please tell me the whole story, im considering a lawsuit.

Burned

The name of the mechanic that did the work was GN/T Performance (then the name changed to S&S Turbo Regal). He told me that Otty's did the machine work. He also told me that they put bronze valve guides in and they aren't on the driver's side (I haven't checked the passenger side). I know the heads were at the machine shop because teflon seals were installed. He told me that Otty's went out of business. And I heard so did S&S. Dave Schmucker was the mechanic, a nice guy, but 18 months is way too long for a rebuild that was way over the price we discussed.
I also heard that Otty's messed up on another TTA in the past.

Ken TTA#1426

Originally posted by Pace 1989
I'm looking to have a machine shop do the bronze valve guides that S&S told me was done for the rebuild. Anyway, does anyone know of a good machine shop in the Sarasota area? Anyone that specializes in Turbo Buick/TTA? Any help is appreciated, and Happy New Year!

Ken TTA#1426
]

S&S did not do your heads. get the facts stright

Oddy's perfection of Sarasota not to be mistaken with Jim Oddy did a lot of work about a year before they went out of business that was very poor quality. I my self had a motor they messed up and I was friends with the owner. In Dave's defense it is very likely they could have Screwed up your heads.

I had to take my motor to Venice Auto Machine to get it fixed the best machinists that Oddy's had went there when the work environment at Oddy's started to decline.

Turbo87, my facts are straight. Nowhere in my post did I say S&S did my heads. As a matter of fact, I specifically said who the mechanic and who the machine shop were.
I wasn't aware that there was poor quality work done there, that could account for why my valveguides were leaking from the start. Pardon me if I sound a little bitter, but it was 18 months and way over the price we discussed.

Ken TTA#1426

It sounds to me that this Dave Schumacker guy has screwd more than 1 person over in the past. I keep seeing posts about him in parts for sale. I was thinking about having my motor done there but now im reconsidering. Why is this guy still in business if he keeps taking advantage of people?

Doesnt S&S make dishpan scouring pads???

They out too :D

When we tearing it down?

What have you stockpiled for the surgery?

BTW..free tomorrow nite?Ill be at BMP for some cool weather ho-down action :cool:

Ken..better hurry up before this cold weather goes away.

TIA

I know this post is old but....

I just had to laugh. In my research for even more incriminating evidence for my lawsuit against Kyle Moran, I come across this post. V6Sport2001 IS Kyle Moran and he worked for Dave Schmucker @ S&S!!!! Kyle ripping people off while working for Dave in his absence due to illness is one of the primary reasons Dave is now out of business!!! Kyle ruined his shop's reputation.
What a piece of work.

BTW, Kyle. I'm coming. And I'm bringing a swarm of overpriced attorneys w/me. You screwed the wrong guy this time!!

**** kyle that prick I knmew him personally, *******. What sorry mother****er would do that to someone who could just as easily go back and live with mommy and daddy for a couple more years.. :mad:

Yep about 50 miles from me in Victor NY

I ALMOST Bought something from him, glad i didnt.

RUN!!!

Good move, Kevin. Be sure to tell ALL of your friends to steer clear of this parasite as well! He is nothing but trouble.

Back