You can type here any text you want

Made it to the track today

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

I finally made it to the track with the Chicagoland GSCA club and made a clean run with the '83 T Type. The car is still "stock" with the only mods being a K&N cone, gutted cat, 10 psi max and some suspension mods to help it hook with the open rear.

BEST RUN
Byron Dragway 10/6/02

R/T 0.717
60' 2.173
330 6.401
1/8 10.005
MPH 67.61
1000 13.182
1/4 15.899
MPH 82.55

For Reference - Popular Hot Rodding 4/83; 1983 Regal T Type - 16.95@ 79.96

The best run was the first. As the temps warmed up, the stumble I had last time came back. You can see that while I'm beating the PHR time by a full second, but I'm only running ~2.5 mph better. I'm weak on the high end. I need to figure out the stumble, which comes on about mid-track, mid-second gear. The 60' is great.

I recently went to a colder plug with a tighter gap (43's @ 0.035) and it made no change. It's not knock. It happens throughout the RPM range, so I leaning towards my WOT fuel mixture. I need to check my O2 readings.

I was hoping for a low 16. The high 15 was great. I can't wait to see what I can do once I correct the stumble and up the boost some. :)

You could be running a little fat, If it likes the cooler weather.

Was this pass on pump gas? , Can you turn the Boost up to 15#? This will get you into the mid to low 15's.

Good pass by the way. :)

Check your volts too at higher RPM's. Are you sure it's not at a Rpm range, say above 4200.

That is a very good 60' time as well as R/T

Put the scan tool on it last night and you guys are right - I'm too fat. :o O2 Volts above 0.9 at times.

It has the stock rods and hanger. I wish I could turn up the boost, but I think my exhaust/DP will hold me down. I think I'll lean it out a touch, and then figure out where the restriction is.

I think I'll be able to get to the track once more before the season's over.

Thanks, but I have a small collection of rods and hangers from my monthly trips to the U-pick-it yard. Leans are much easier to find than riches.

Originally posted by b4black
Put the scan tool on it last night and you guys are right - I'm too fat. :o O2 Volts above 0.9 at times.

It has the stock rods and hanger. I wish I could turn up the boost, but I think my exhaust/DP will hold me down. I think I'll lean it out a touch, and then figure out where the restriction is.
We both have the same problem. I bet it has to do with the opening the secorderies more. I think the a V or Y hanger and adjusting the sec spring, my has little pressure on it. I'm going to readjust it too.
Jim

Back