You can type here any text you want

MAF issues i think

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sdteb

trying to get it like you
Car was running fine, then started idling bad, tried new IAC, no change, then had another maf here...it was bad....bought one from autozone, cars starts and dies right away with new one...I unplug maf,,,car starts and idles fine, bought new ecm, nothing different....

on top of it..when it does run on the old maf...its pig rich and struggles to stay running..unplug the connector...idles fine

WTF is going on?

ordered translator ...and picked up new impala maf for it...

any thoughts/?????

Last edited:
Sounds like a bad MAF. The ones you get from auto parts stores is a crap shoot at best. Most of them the calibration is way off. Translator and Impala MAF is the way to go.

the original one didn't throw a code,....tried another that I had...it threw 34,

The translator and newer MAF will make you wonder how you lived this long without it. Stock MAFs belong in a museum right next to the flat tappet cam. They're just not worth the effort.

Over a decade ago it took 12 tries on average to get a parts store MAF that ran halfway right. I have to assUme it's worse now.

i'm patiently waiting on mine to come from fullthrottlespeed....she said they are making more...dear god I hope you are correct...:)

Back