You can type here any text you want

MAF relocate

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

89mulletbird

I seem to remember reading someone relocating their MAF to after the turbo, but I can't find it on the searches. Can anyone enlighten me on this topic?

The stock maf cannot be relocated post turbo because it's plastic and would never withstand the pressure and temps.

Some have had good luck relocating the chevy mafs to the up pipe. To run a chevy maf you need a translator.

Can I run either a 3" or 3.5" LS1 MAF that way? I'm not sure which cars the 3" and 3.5" MAFs are used on, or the difference between them?

Yes, either will work, depending on the plumbing mods you want to make.

Then you'll either need a Translator or Translator GenII.

why would you want to relocte it there? seems it might shorten the life of it a bit?

..cause I want to put a 14" round filter sticking out of the hood right above the throttle body and that doesn't leave room for the MAF on the inlet side of the turbo.

why would you want to relocte it there? seems it might shorten the life of it a bit?

Removes a pre-turbo restriction which not only lowers boost threshold and recovery but also greatly reduces charge temps depending on the original amount of restriction. Plus you can vent to atmosphere if you're a ricer like that.

Can you explain what you mean by venting to atmosphere? Where does the pressure go now when you let off the throttle?

Back