maf translator plus. help needed

434nova

I bought a car that has a extender chip and a translator plus. Car has its timing retarted right now to run on pump gas and 93 octane and its tuned to run 25 #s with the 104 chip it has in it. The person I bought the car from said I have to put the maf translator back to base line with the race gas and the 25#s but what switches do turn to make sure im back at baseline? Looking to up the boost so I want to add timing back and run race gas. Thanks for the help

First thing we gotta establish is which Extender chip you have and the timing parameters in it. What is the chip's part number??
Is the Translator Plus' timing pigtail hooked up?

Well according to my paper work it says the extender chip part number is EWS64C1E it also says extreme set switches on on off on base 0 - 3.5 1 = richer 10% 2 = leaner 10% im not sure on the timing parameters and I have to check the car to see if the timing harness is being used.

Actually the switches should be on on off off, and you're correct about the BASE MAF setting assuming you're running the 3.5" LS1 MAF.

And your chip timing is already 25/23 which is race fuel territory without adding/subtracting timing in the Translator Plus.

Includes anti theft, but is a rev E. There is a rev F available, although I'm not sure the differences.

I'm assuming the timing being retarded must be happening in the T+.

What are the Timing BASE and WOT settings right now?

What are your MAF BASE and WOT settings right now?

Yes I am running a ls1 3.5 mas air. I am gonna check tomorrow and see where its set at on the mas translator.

So are you saying I can turn the boost up and run racegas the way it is now without touching anything? Thanks

So are you saying I can turn the boost up and run racegas the way it is now without touching anything? Thanks
Well, your chip's timing is there. Unless it's turned back by the t+.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I believe it is. I am trying to figure out how to turn it back. Is there a certain knob I turn for the timing?

hold on

he has an extreme chip, set the switched ON ON ON ON

you said 3.5" MAF, so that means set the MAF base to 0.

please post what ALL switches and dials are set to.

also is the timing pigtail even connected (the white and gray wires)

what injectors are you running, and is the ECM modified for low impedance injectors (if that is what you have)

Tell us more about how the car is set up.

Bob

Car has 72 # injectors I do believe they are low impedance injectors ill check tomorow on where the dials are set to. Car has fully ported gn1 heads, te45a turbo, 206 billet eastern roller cam, eastern front mount intercooler, 3200 art car converter non lock up , art car tranny, billet main caps, 30 over forged pistons, stock rods arp bolts, stock crank.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Sorry, I read those dip switch settings on the full throttle sight. Must have been reading an old version of instructions.

But, as Bob stated, it's important we know exactly what ALL the knobs and switches are set to under the lid.

Yes the gray and white wires are connceted a 2 wire pigtail that looks to be going to the coil packs. Also my switches are on on off on and this is where the dials are set at now maf = base 2 wot 6 and spark = base 0 wot 8. This is where the dials are set to now.

on on off on is ok too, its the 4th switch that controls whether its set for "extender extreme" mode.

Translator instructions attached.

Attachments

• GN MAFT Instructions 6.25.pdf
    66.9 KB · Views: 298
Yes the gray and white wires are connceted a 2 wire pigtail that looks to be going to the coil packs. Also my switches are on on off on and this is where the dials are set at now maf = base 2 wot 6 and spark = base 0 wot 8. This is where the dials are set to now.

OK, good. With an 8 in the WOT timing dial, here's what that means:

0 Degrees Retarded to 3200RPM , 2 degree Retarded at 4400, 4 degrees at 5400, 6
degrees at 6400

Mine says under the cover translator plus version 4.0 I dont know if It makes a difference. Bob can you pm on a new chip I would like to add methanol injection to my car. I can send in all the paper work from when you did the first chip. This chip is you 104 octane chip I have now.

So the way its setup now im safe on pump gas and 18#s right? Now if I want to run race gas and up the boost I should turn the knob from 8 to what 6 , 4 , 2 , 0 ? Im thinking around 25#s and race gas

This is my paper work for the chip isbit good for alchol injection, I see it says 23/21 translator+ , alchol injection.
20131109_183520.jpg