You can type here any text you want

maf translator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

InHock

I just bought a maf translator and have put it on and the car already had a throttle enhancer on it. Do i need to take it off now that i have the translator and the LS1 sensor?

I just bought a maf translator and have put it on and the car already had a throttle enhancer on it. Do i need to take it off now that i have the translator and the LS1 sensor?

If your talking about the tpps tech, you can take it off, it's not needed, just check your tps specs when you remove it.

I am pretty sure that is what it is. I searched at different vendors and found what it looks like at poston buick parts. It was on the car when i bought it and it plugs in by the throttle body on the passenger side. I will go ahead and take it off if it is not needed now. thanks

it has absolutely no relation to the maf system

and as mentioned it shouldnt have been needed before the translator, but if you do remove it be sure the tps is functioning and set to reach proper WOT spec

what the tps tech does is provide an led system for setting the tps low value (appox .44v ) theres a high low and good green led for that then when you step on pedal the led lights to full if theres enough tps to bring the tps tech signal to wot
if you dont have a scantool or a volt meter to look at it with than this might be helpful for a novice

besides using it to set a tps it will also enhance a low tps value to read high even if your pedal wont go to full travel

the minimum TPS required by most chips and stock GM chip is 75% (3.75v) most chips makers recommend min of 4.00v to stay at WOT on a chip setup, i set to 4.50v .

key on-engine off manually open the throttle to full travel (theres a tab on the throttle bracket that will touch near the top of the throttle body ) check the tps sensor value , then get in the car and make sure that the throttle can go to full open with the pedal . if you find tps wont reach same WOT value in the car then you need to fix that , remove the floormat from under the pedal , move your seat forward , fix the slack in the throttle cable ... but get the pedal to be able to open the throttle fully to the stop

Thanks pacecarta, I really appreciate your time to answer my question! I will check all of what you told me and should be good to go. thanks again.

Back