You can type here any text you want

Main bearing pics

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I seem to remember you from a few months ago, didnt you post some pics of that chevelle on the site here. I seem to recall that being a really nice car.

I believe so, maybe in the intro thread. Thanks, that 71 SS was a frame off car with a ton of sheetmetal work and a 305 from a late model caprice. It needed paint, and a real motor and i was at my limit with funds. Convinced my better half that i could get a finished RUNNING car we could all enjoy for a little more money. If i sold it now.

You should here her now.....

Information I was fed on the car

Attachments

• IMG_35381.jpg
    IMG_35381.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 162
I would like to say though, since there is a name on that sheet, is that it is hard telling who jacked with the motor after it left his hands.

Why would someone give you a dumb rating for that post,maybe they hit the wrong button. It sure sounded and looked good on paper. Dont know what happened but looks like definitely lost oil pressure for some reason,buyer beware with these cars. Dont feel to bad, you arent the first and wont be the last.

Why would someone give you a dumb rating for that post,maybe they hit the wrong button. It sure sounded and looked good on paper. Dont know what happened but looks like definitely lost oil pressure for some reason,buyer beware with these cars. Dont feel to bad, you arent the first and wont be the last.

Landau limited did that, i wonder why.

The trans shifted great, small converter and deep pan, with bright red fluid, so hopefully im good on the front.

I can understand this view, im just too intrigued about the turbo 6 to consider that now. Im sure by the time someone goes through a few motors, this becomes a better idea financially
The 3800 Series II/III block is a v6 and is a much more stout block. It just takes lots of fabrication and know how to get it to work in a G-Body. A couple of guys have been successful. Search the thread "Who is Ready for 3800 Power" I think.

The 3800 Series II/III block is a v6 and is a much more stout block. It just takes lots of fabrication and know how to get it to work in a G-Body. A couple of guys have been successful. Search the thread "Who is Ready for 3800 Power" I think.

I remember seeing that, ill take a closer look

Landau limited did that, i wonder why.

The trans shifted great, small converter and deep pan, with bright red fluid, so hopefully im good on the front.

Yep, didn't even know I did that. I apparently have done it a bunch of times. checked my page and I've giving hearts and other things I didn't know of. It's my big sausage fingers and this little phone.

Yep, didn't even know I did that. I apparently have done it a bunch of times. checked my page and I've giving hearts and other things I didn't know of. It's my big sausage fingers and this little phone.

:) i thought maybe i should not have been rambling on and ranting about my deal of the century

I remember seeing that, ill take a closer look
Please do. If I had it do over again, that is the route I would've taken. However, I have an engine builder who is very familiar with the 3800 series and could fabricate any part I need.
I even have a couple of 3800 blocks.

Been seeing that.

He never mentioned how many miles on it, his isnt the first and wont be the last, 3 years ago only made it 500 mile on new rebuild. Jim Dunn wised me up, been good to go for three years. I cannot stress enough about getting the correct engine builder for these v sixes. Dont do it yourself,dont get the chevy builder do it for cheap,find the rite person or shop,pay the money and you will be way ahead in the long run, 7000.00 to,10,000 depending on what it is your trying to get out of it.

Don't forget to clean the oil cooler after a rebuild. May a rebuild was ruined by "poop" being in the cooler.

Been seeing that.
Have said this before. The icons should be on the left side of the page,not the right side 90% of everyone is right handed. You would not hit the dumb or any other icon if they were on the left side.

Don't forget to clean the oil cooler after a rebuild. May a rebuild was ruined by "poop" being in the cooler.

The radiator has some rub rash on the tubes somewhere, so i considered a f body radiator and external cooler. I simply can not trust that anyone could get every last flek of metal out, there was a lot of it floating around.

Back