You can type here any text you want

manual brake adaptor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

daturbosix

anyone ever use the powermaster firewall adaptor for their manual brake conversion?
i have it mocked up now, but fishing for ideas on this topic.

-Jeff

yep... works great. Use a S-10 (mid eighties) manual MC.
Also, make sure you use the rubber cup that goes with it. It will ensure the pushrod stays properly located.

i was going to try a vacuum brake master from a mid 80s monte carlo, you think would pose a problem?

what brake pushrod?
should i use the vacuum brake pedel or the powermaster pedel?

You can try it. The S-10 manual master was only $20.00 at the parts store. I tried several different pedal ratios, and honestly can't remember what I ended up with. I'm thinking it was a vacuum pedal but use the upper hole. I made an adjustable pushrod. Just cut it in half and threaded both ends. Search under my name. I've posted pics in the past.

i was going to try a vacuum brake master from a mid 80s monte carlo, you think would pose a problem?

You definitely don't want to do that unless you intend to hook up the vacuum source.... are you converting to MANUAL brakes or vacuum?? :confused:

converting to MANUAL brakes. just using the master that was from a vacuum setup.

Well, that sure ain't gonna work....:eek: the vacuum booster is there to ASSIST the cooresponding master cyl, as that m/c is sized such that it will REQUIRE said assist to provide adequate braking with reasonable pedal force... so what you are doing will just result in the same braking force and effort req'd as a vacuum brake car with dead engine/no vacuum.... ie... extremely high pedal effort, and severely reduced braking force.... to go manual, you need a MANUAL m/c.... such as the manual s-10 m/c that was designed/sized to NOT require vacuum assist.... follow??? :wink:

Back