You can type here any text you want

manual valve body

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slimtastic

yea dude...I rock
what do you guys think of them? since the govener in my tranny is going out the car shift late so i was thinking of going to a manual valve setup but i had a few questions.
what are some good brands?
any quicker et.s using them?
can you still run in lockup?

I like the manual Valvebody. Very few people have ever used them. I have built a few trannys that are Reverse manual with and without transbrakes. TCI is the only manual VB that I know of that is a true manual VB. I buy the TCI VB and improve its performance. The 2004R manual does not seem to go over well in the Buick world. The transgo manual kit does not work well IMO. It still uses shift valves to make shifts so you can still have some shift issues. The TCI Vb works ok as they sell it but can still have some issues on an older tranny. You can still run lockup with a manual VB but you will need to put it on a switch the stock ecm will not be able to control it anymore. Not sure its any faster ET wise. I love the shift on command of the manual.

i think ill give tci a call. what kind of issues would i run into using a older tranny?

No, No, don't call TCI. Call Lonnie. For the first time in my 8+ years of being on the Intenet, I state, "Trust Me":D

I been playin...

I have been playing with a new one. Nothing superfuturistic or anything, in fact very simple, but the concept seems to be working. With a little more refinement it "might" be a valuable option.

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

Originally posted by Scott231
No, No, don't call TCI. Call Lonnie. For the first time in my 8+ years of being on the Intenet, I state, "Trust Me":D
.........ok........ why not call TCI? and who's Lonnie? i just want a reverse manual valve body that has the capability to run lockup as well.:confused:

Originally posted by slimtastic
.........ok........ why not call TCI? and who's Lonnie? i just want a reverse manual valve body that has the capability to run lockup as well.:confused:

Scott can tell you first hand. I installed the TCI VB right out the box on 3 trannys. All 3 locked up on the 1-2 shift. I do mean screeching tires like you slammed on the brakes. The older trannys seem to flair on the 2-3. I have also installed that VB as is and it turned out ok a couple times. They are very pressure sensitive. Too much pressure and throws everything out of wack. Not enough and the tranny will be sloppy and kill clutches with the quickness. So I liked it so much I decided I would modify it so I could use it in other apps. If you have a good tranny I would try it as is. Just make sure that your first few shifts are on jack stands so you can see that 1-2 lockup if there is one with your tranny. Trust me you will never know till you check it out. I make mods to the Vb and the transmission to make it work the way I want it to so no way I could sell you one that you could bolt on your trans as is. When they are right they are slick.

Originally posted by slimtastic
why not call TCI? and who's Lonnie?
Unless you talk to Greg Friend at TCI, no one there has any clue about the reverse manual valve body. Lonnie is the guy from Extreme Automatics that keeps answering your questions on this thread. ;)

Originally posted by quickt
Scott can tell you first hand. I installed the TCI VB right out the box on 3 trannys. All 3 locked up on the 1-2 shift. I do mean screeching tires like you slammed on the brakes. The older trannys seem to flair on the 2-3. I have also installed that VB as is and it turned out ok a couple times. They are very pressure sensitive. Too much pressure and throws everything out of wack. Not enough and the tranny will be sloppy and kill clutches with the quickness. So I liked it so much I decided I would modify it so I could use it in other apps. If you have a good tranny I would try it as is. Just make sure that your first few shifts are on jack stands so you can see that 1-2 lockup if there is one with your tranny. Trust me you will never know till you check it out. I make mods to the Vb and the transmission to make it work the way I want it to so no way I could sell you one that you could bolt on your trans as is. When they are right they are slick.

well as far as the lock up i wont be using it to lock up in second and up...just fourth. i still wanna retain some kind of gas mileage with this setup. so with this mvb your saying that i should change the pump to a higher psi pump and then adjust my pressure from there?

I would install it as is and see what you have. If it does not work right give me a call and I can tell you how to fix it.

Back