March 4th sign-up and headcount:

CaPPY said:
Yep, Gary got in touch. I might be able to make it early on, but have some stuff to do before everyone eats. So, count me out on the food.

I've had a bunch of pm's about my avatar. I keep putting off about explaining. But here goes.

1. No, I'm not related to GNBUICK87...don't even know him or the other guy using it.

2. No, neither he nor the other guy using it, asked if it was ok to use it (guess they thought I ripped it from someone). It was just lifted/taken/whatever euphemism you want to use, off the Turbobuicks site. Notice, I didn't say stolen or mention anything about their personal character.

Here's the story: My son and his law school buddies, have a graphic program and he asked me a couple of years ago, if they could make up an avatar for me. I said, "Sure!" By the way it's not black like a GN. If you look closely, they made it the color of my "T" the purple color of my car. He said if I wanted, he/they could make any lights flash. So, I said, "Make the left turn signal blink." As you can see, he/they did it. It took them several hours to do the entire avatar. I'm sure it only took minutes to rip it off. At least that's what his friends at school say.

My way of thinking is since it was created for me, shouldn't it be a PERSONAL tag? And not something that anyone should lift and use it as their personal identifyer? If the shoe was on the othe foot, I would never want to use someone else's avatar. Just me...

Since I'm an old dude (retired), (maybe there's something that I'm missing as far as youger people or people new to the turbo Buick scene think), just taking whatever someone else has created and not thinking twice about it. My son didn't COPY OR LIFT IT... so why should/did someone do it to me? Is there something I'm missing? I would have thought the blinking light and purple color would have been an indicator?

It was first lifted off Turbobuicks.com by GNBUICK 87 and ?

I thought I'd be up front and not pm anyone and get the stories slanted.

I'd rather answer on the board, as I have nothing to hide.

Can other people give some input. How come they don't lift Gary Wells avatar? :) :)

So that's the story for all of those that have pm'd me and told me they thought it wasn't cool. This is the first time I've menitoned this, just got tired of people confusing me for him/them. It's been quite awhile, I thought it would just go away, but I still keep getting questioned.

Maybe Javier (GNBUICK87) can give some info to all that have asked me about this.

Thanks

:confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :confused:

Um... did you copyright your "aviator?" I is it that big of a deal that you had to write a novel in the RSVP section? :)

ledzeppac said:
:confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :confused:

Um... did you copyright your "aviator?" I is it that big of a deal that you had to write a novel in the RSVP section? :)

Copywrite it? So,would it make any difference to your innane remark? If you consider what I wrote as a novel, then I know you have never read one. Was it too much for you to read? Hope you don't have ADD. :)

I think it's up to the moderator if it doesn't fit here. :rolleyes:

Just for the hell of it since everyone is looking i have a complete 87gn engine with intercooler exhaust stage 3 turbo (needs rebuild) engine harness and ecm. if your looking to upgrade a 84/85 or do a hybrid this is ready to go, also have a BQ trans in nice condition. Hope to see yall at the party.

gnjay said:
I'll be there. So please put me down and post Bob's #
--------------------------------
Bob's Phone # is (562) 424-4323. His address is Alvin's Auto Body paint, 3333 Olive Ave, Signal hill, Ca., 90755. Best time to reach Bob seems to be between 8 A.M. & 4P.M.
-------------------------------------------
I am hoping for clear weather, but just in case it doesn't turn out that way, I am still going, but I may not bring the Buick out in the rain. I do not know if this is being held outside or inside. Food's food, & I am hungry already just thinking about it. So, Mike & Kevin, this could get interesting. Hopefully, Signal Hill no longer uses & loosens patrol dogs as in the '60's or '70's.
------------------------------------------
gnjay: I accidently entered this inside your post, so I had to delete my entry and that is why your post shows being editied by me. Oops, my bad, sorry.

Ok, talked to Bob today and the official word is that this is going to be held outside, and if it should rain, it will be postponed until next the next Saturday. God, please don't let it rain. Looking forward to seeing everybody there.

beygon said:
Gary, I called yesterday and I will be there with the Skylark.
Dean
------------------------------------
Ok, got you covered. If you did not hear from me, then I do not have your e-mail addy. Sorry. Glad to hear that you are going, Dean, see you there.

ledzeppac said:
Where have all these people been hiding? :confused:

Now all we have to do is to get all these people to hang out Quarterly or at race events... Then we can be as big or close to the size of a MAGNA event :cool: ...

I just got word of this, I will be there

I might bring some stuff I want to sell like a set of GTA wheels if anyone is interested

GNBUICK87 said:
Man it is raining hope it drys up :eek:

Rain will stop by tonight and it will be sunny tomorrow all day long, lets see what excuses some people come up with at the last moment not to show.. :( see you all there.. its going to be fun..

Well Wiked87gn (Kevin) get out the KY as Ill be there running or not!
See you and Lou at the pig roast LOL. Oh my bad sheep roast.

Barbeque still happening tomorrow:
----------------------
I just spoke with Bob and he said that he is still scheduling the event for tomorrow as previously planned. So, unless it is raining/snowing tomorrow morning it is still scheduled. Might want to bring a sweater/jacket just in case. Should be a good turnout. Looking forward to seeing everybody there. Where's Kevin & nailheadpowered hiding? Gentlemen, start your motors?

Getting together

Nordy Racer, Stated: He wishs we all can get together on a Quarterly bases well I will be bring flyers on both our April 29 Test & Tune and Bracket race at LACR and also our 14th Annual CAR SHOW at Bates Nut Farm we should have a large turn out for the car show and I would like to see a large showing at LACR. It's all up to you guys! I will also have the current copy of the Clubs Newsletter which I will be handing out. Hope to see alot of you at this function. Till tomorrow See Ya

Steve Hurst, President - BGNRA
http://www.bgnra,org :)

I think i'm feeling sick

hope I can pull that one at work tomorrow to make it out there. :D just transferred dept's. so I cant call out sick :eek: