You can type here any text you want

Marion County International Racway

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

flipmo

"Come Correct - Boosted"
Just wondering. Have any of you guys ever ran at MCIR? The track is about 50 miles from my home but I was told by two fellow GN owners I would be wasting my time because of how bad the track is. Anyone else had any good/bad experiences with this particular track located in La Rue, Ohio? Unlike Norwalk, Columbus, Osceola, or Muncie, this track must be pretty bad.

Click Link.

Marion County International Raceway - MCIR Home

flip

i've raced there as its only about 25 min from my house. if there is a track closer to you, i'd go elsewhere. MCIR is pretty shady. lol, it is a 1/4 mile track, track prep sucks so your 60' times will be terrible.
they are REALLY lax on tech and stuff too. they give you a tech card when you get there, but the last 3 times i've gone (just test and tune granted) they haven't even taken the tech card back after i filled it out! lol.
but for me its only half an hour away as opposed to nat'l trails (the next closest track) which is an hour and a half. its only 10 bucks to race, just go and make your own judgement.

i've raced there as its only about 25 min from my house. if there is a track closer to you, i'd go elsewhere. MCIR is pretty shady. lol, it is a 1/4 mile track, track prep sucks so your 60' times will be terrible.
they are REALLY lax on tech and stuff too. they give you a tech card when you get there, but the last 3 times i've gone (just test and tune granted) they haven't even taken the tech card back after i filled it out! lol.
but for me its only half an hour away as opposed to nat'l trails (the next closest track) which is an hour and a half. its only 10 bucks to race, just go and make your own judgement.

Thanks for the heads up MY T FAST. Well, I guess a fellow friend doesn't lie. They said it was almost like driving down a bumpy road due to the unevenness of the pavement - Now that's pretty dorn bad. Then I guess add the problems associated with the staging area and launch, hell that could be 1/2 to 1 whole second of a problems right there. Think I'll just go and see how people are doing coming out of the gate and use judgement.

When are you going again? I may just link up with you there? Anyone else?

Thanks Again

flip

i'm not sure how many more weekends they're open. it should be posted on their website tho, but if i'm gonna head up again this season i'll let you know. where do you live? i'm in marysville.
HTH
Talon

i'm not sure how many more weekends they're open. it should be posted on their website tho, but if i'm gonna head up again this season i'll let you know. where do you live? i'm in marysville.
HTH
Talon

Good Ole "Lima"

Back