You can type here any text you want

marvel mystery oil?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have

That stuff works great:) I use it in my sleds as well to replace the other brands of 2 stroke oil out there and yet to have a problem:eek: Its smells funny but it works great. To be honest though I have yet to use it on my GN or T Type, but I use it in my Ford Ranger and that has a 2.3 Turbo motor in it. It works great for the lifters I know that for sure.

i dump a bottle in the gas tanks of each of my cars every year. i dump it in when the tank is at about 1/4 tank, then drive for a while and top it off like normal. i gained 2mpg from one tank to the next on my 200,000 mile 94 caprice doing that.
never dumped it in the crankcase, tho... maybe i should try it on my clattering 97 Cavalier..

I have used in several older cars and the lifters have shut up, a 75 Lincoln w/ a 460 would tap used MMO and no more.
In the GN they are kinda notorious to have noisy top ends anyways I have used it in mine and not really seen a difference.

96 chevy silverado had a lifter???? ticking sound on driver side for 4-5yrs. never thought too much of it, i just dealt with it. You could hear it a little louder at McDonalds drive through, bouncing off the wall.
Had a little extra change left in the autosection at wal-mart you know how it is when buying car care products, let me try this, let me get this etc. Well i picked up the mystery oil and put it in the gas tank and.. .. shhhh.... whats that i hear?.......... drove around and came back couldnt believe my ears i heard NOTHING on the lifters quiet as a mouse.. every blue moon you may barely can hear it , i put only 6oz. every other fill up. I think this stuff lubes the fuel pump too dont know, but it definately quieted my lifters in my 245,000 mi. Silverado:) (think about that 5yrs...:mad: )

i don't think putting it in the gas would solve a lifter tick, but maybe it cleaned out a carbon deposit.

Possibly, i was thinking the same thing, however someone did tell me it sounded like a lifter ticking maybe a valve sticking?; however, whatever, by putting it only in my gas tank those few ounces WORKED:eek: i have thought about putting it in the crank case just havent done it yet.

Back