You can type here any text you want

Master cylinder Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Is it aluminum or cast iron John? I don't know which one is on the car so you'll have to give us a better idea. Vac, hydroboost, or manual?

Aluminum. Stock (81 El Camino) vacuum set up. I've been told it's the rear line. That's sorta counterintuitive to me, but the rear line is the larger of the two. BTW, any luck with the job thing?

I lost $3 an hour but I've got one starting next week. I'm a PSM for the Zone. Did it before but not happy about doing it again except I'm employed now.
The aluminum one does have the front lines going to the rear outlet. The bore is stepped for better pressure control to the brakes.

Thanks John, I'll still be looking though. It's much easier to find one if you have one after all. Have you figured out all the little things you need for the conversion yet?

I guess I won't know until I get there. I do know that since I'm swapping the dash the wipers won't work unless I change the turn signal stem out with one from a later model (mine has a switch on the dash, Regals is on the turn signal). I need to figure out a mount for the power steering resovoir. I also have to wire the fuel pump and install the hotwire kit at the same time. For the time being, I have a bunch of parts to install. I cheated in my sig. Not all of those parts are installed yet, but I do have all of them in hand. Sure is hot though.

Why don't you just change the column? I've got a regular shift one sitting here and I can see what my buddy wants for it if you're interested. It's in an Olds so it should be about the same.

That is an option, but not really necessary if all I need is the turn signal switch. I won't need to paint mine either. See what he wants, shipped to 77506.

You're close to to Houston aren't you John? If that's the case we may be able to meet in the middle. What color do you need? We've got one maroon and one that I think is blue right now. Got to go look at it to make sure but I think he said it was a blue interior.

I'm just on the southeast corner of Houston in Pasadena, former home of Gilley's of Urban Cowboy fame. Unless this a now or never deal, I'd rather wait for the time being. I've got a boatload of detail things to follow up on and I'm a ways off from needing to get the wiper problem fixed. I do have a maroon interior (hate it, but pretty good shape). I got my Pypes exhaust delivered yesterday. Tried to install it today, but because the El's wheelbase is 5 inches longer rhe tubes over the axle won't reach the mufflers. It's that kind of stuff that slows progress down.

It's not a now or never deal so don't worry about that. We've got friends that live in the Houston area and drive up here once in a while. I figured they might be able to bring it back for you is all. My buddy just had a baby so I'm leaving him alone for a couple of days to recouperate. He got home today after being with his wife since Moday and I know he's going to be tired for a couple of days. BTW, are you going with split bench or solid. I've got the 83 T and it has maroon interior if you need some parts. She's getting parted out so I can do the 82 GN now. I may be keeping the column but not the shifter ect if you're interested.

Your buddy just had a baby? Wow, that must have hurt! Before your next trip, pm me and I'll give you my number.

I'll see what I can find out from him later this week John. Tell you when someone is going your way.

Back