MAT Temp Way off!! WTF!?

92GNZ28

scanning my car with WinALDL showing that when engine warmed up, my MAT temp is almost 250 F!!! With a thermometer stuck in the hole that the MAT goes it's only getting up to like 110-120. Replaced sensor twice, still no change. Can put the sensor in cold watewr and only goes down to 100F. WTF!?!?

Check Voltage

Check voltage at the connector (tan wire). You should have about 2.45 KOEO and about 2.1 KOER. Also check the black, ground wire.

I have 5 volts at the tan wire KOEO with connector unplugged. I have 1.8volts on the tan wire while back-probed w/ KOEO. Back-probed black wire with KOEO and ground is good.

I think MAT on WinAldl does not represent the ATS. I believe MAT is a calculated value from the ATS (table lookup?). Does anyone here know the formula / table lookup or is it chip - specific?

My ATS reading on ScanMaster runs between 32F and 150F.

With WinALDL, my MAT was 172 today when I shut my car off- ATS on ScanMaster was showing 99 deg F.

It looks like subtracting 73 gets the approximate ATS- the temperature in my garage was about 55 this morning... I have a FMIC and the air filter is down between the air dams so pretty cool ATS / MAT.