You can type here any text you want

Max Effort, can someone please help?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRBON8R

I've got a 16 postition Max Effort chip and need to reprogram the #4 "knock retard enable" position. I've been told I need to make sure this setting has an "odd" number in it to tune out knock until 65 MPH. Can someone please tell me how this is done? What do I need to do to put an odd number in there? Do I depress the gas pedal once, twice, a thousand times or what??? The instructions are pretty vague on this. Thanks.

I will try again to rescue you :)

An odd number disables the knock sensor till the end of spool mode irregardless of MPH.......

Just use an odd number.

If you put a 45 in pos 4 then it disables the knock till 45 OR , if you happen to be going 60 and nail it....till the end of spool mode.
An even number just disables the knock sensor till the MPH threshold is reached.

Don't worry about this.

You program position 4 or any other position like the instructions CLEARLY say.

Turn key on with it on pos 4

Pull into drive.

AC off increments numbers when you depress the gas and let off.
Keep doing that until the MPH you want is displayed on BLM of Scanmaster or Tlink.

What you see in pos 4 BLM is the MPH that the knock sensor is disabled to, UNLESS the false knock you have is so bad that it pulls timing out faster than it can recover.

Steve

The current value will read out where BLM's used to on your scan tool.

If you want to disable the knock sensor up to a certain mph only, use an even number. You would have to use 64 or 66 instead of 65.

If you put an odd number in, the program will ignore the knock sensor until you reach 4800rpm the first time after mashing the pedal. I don't know if the mph setting is still used in this mode. You'll have to ask Steve.

(edit: I see Steve already answered above me :) )

Regards,
Eric

Thanks Steve. :) I got it now. Using my Direct Scan I reprogrammed the chip to ignore KR until 71 MPH. My only question for you now is I'm curious how many degrees of knock can the ME chip compensate for by tuning it out? What I'd like to know is how many degrees KR does it take before the ME chip can no longer compensate? Thanks again for your help Steve. I think I'm getting this figured out now. :)

Back