You can type here any text you want

max * for 100 octain

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
If you mean degrees of timing I would stay around 25* or less.

I think the Thrasher 100 has 26* but I have never run it on straight 100 octane, I always have the alcohol flowing

It kinda depends on the boost level.

I'm of the belief that running the turbo (@ WOT) at an efficient level, and then applying as much timing as the fuel can handle, is an appropriate way to set up a car. Maximize what the turbo can do for you with what you have. Depending on mechanical limitations, this may not be feasible with lower octane fuels, though.

Youll make more power on boost than you will on timing..but if youve maxed out your turbo..then adding timing ill net bigger gains.

So assumming your running 100 octane..then it would be stock boost(16-17) with aggressive timing AKA 24 degrees or up the boost to 20-21 and run an 18 degree chip..i think the higher boost will make more MPH.

HTH and every car responds to boost and timing differently..

I've ran Texaco B35 (100 U/L) exclusively on the street for years now. While 100 Octane may sound great, it's Octane rating is only 7.5% better than regular 93. Nothing to sneeze at, but this isn't Bonzai fuel by any stretch of the imagination.

I've settled back into the 18 PSI with 22 degrees of lead which means I seldom see retard under any circumstances, which is what I'm looking for.

A buddy went racing in "street tune" with B35. While he put a full second on the Vipers and Z06's he was off better than a second from his C16 runs.

Thrasher 100 chip

blackbuick87, where do you get a Thrasher 100 chip??

Thanks,

Dan

Back