You can type here any text you want

maxing out maf sensor w/translator + LS1 maf??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

xXch0dyXx

Just got my powerlogger hooked up and noticed that im maxing out the maf sensor already.

All my mods are in my sig, im running right at 22psi throughout. How can i scale it down, or fix the issue with the TT chip?

TIA
Cody

Just got my powerlogger hooked up and noticed that im maxing out the maf sensor already.

All my mods are in my sig, im running right at 22psi throughout. How can i scale it down, or fix the issue with the TT chip?

TIA
Cody

The only way you'll avoid pegging the MAF is through the use of an Extender chip. The Translator is not designed to do that. It is a "translator", it converts the signal that the LS1 MAF produces to something the buick ecm can understand. The Extender chip is what was designed to allow much higher MAF flows and regulate fuel delivery accordingly.

There is nothing to fix. That's exactly what it should be doing. :)

thanx, thats what i needed to know;)

I understood thats what the trans should be doing, i just wanted to make sure it was the norm to max out that easily. When i tuned the SII 3800 if you maxed out the maf sensor you were begging for a fragged piston, i just didnt know if the GN would have the same issue.

Thanx for the help guys.

And eric, i think the i will be adding a little fuel for the te60, i still have no knock at all with the alky only turned about 1/4 turn, but my o2's are around 730 at the top of 3rd:confused:

Since that chip was made for a stock turbo, you'll need to bump the fuel up for the TE60. Add about 10% to WOT fuel to start with and go from there.

Maxing out the MAF on my chip doesn't have any affect, since it ignores the MAF at full boost. I have a specific fuel curve I program in based on your setup and boost. It is calculated much like a speed-density system.

The Extender chip is the only one that will allow you to see past 255, and bases its fuel on that.

cool, thats what i needed to here. through 1st and second the fueling seems to be pretty much right on. I will go ahead and add the fuel to third gear and see how it runs.

Since im getting no knock at all with 730 o2's, how much timing you think i can safely run when i bump up the fueling?? Not too sure how much these stock HG can take with the timing and 22psi.

Thanks for all the help

You can't adjust the fuel in 3rd independently. In the chip, the fueling in 3rd is the same as 2nd gear. You're probably seeing the O2 sensor heating up which shifts the numbers down. My car might start in the 820's and end up at 750's by 3rd gear, but the A/F ratio is exactly the same on the wideband (11.5 through the whole run).

For timing, I wouldn't exceed about 23* for daily driving. For the track, many alky users have run 26-27* (or higher for the stock turbo). No comment on whether it's "safe" or not.:biggrin:

You can't adjust the fuel in 3rd independently. In the chip, the fueling in 3rd is the same as 2nd gear. You're probably seeing the O2 sensor heating up which shifts the numbers down. My car might start in the 820's and end up at 750's by 3rd gear, but the A/F ratio is exactly the same on the wideband (11.5 through the whole run).

For timing, I wouldn't exceed about 23* for daily driving. For the track, many alky users have run 26-27* (or higher for the stock turbo). No comment on whether it's "safe" or not.:biggrin:

Ok, i thought i read you had a 3rd gear adjustment, but i guess it was 2nd & 3rd:redface: and i can adjust 1st seperately for launching and such?!??

Only time i get my car out is pretty much to race, i never really drive it daily expect on a nice occasion.

Only reason i dont want to richen 1st gear is because it seems rich when im just driving around light throttle... i can always try it out and see what the scan looks like.

thanks again for the help

There are 2 WOT fuel adjustments:
1. WOT fuel all gears (1st through 4th)
2. WOT fuel 1st gear (added or subtracted independently from the other adjustment).

There is no adjustment for light throttle and cruising. That is all controlled by the O2 sensor and will always be an A/F of 14.7 give or take (unless your BLM's are pegged at the high or low limit).

the blm's are within +/- 3 the entire time so i guess its good to go. Thanx for straighten me out on the adjustments, i read the instructions once when i got the chip, and havent had time to read over them again yet. Ill check them out this weekend and get to tuning

thanks again

well i added %10 fuel through all the gears via the chip. Now i get a little hesitation that feels like spark blowout at wot. Its not constant, but its there. It almost feels like its too much fuel now.

The o2's now range from 733-752 most the time (occassional 1 frame above or below) But it still seems a little rich, or something else is causing the hesitation. The runs were at 23psi held steady throughout

My blm locked in at 138 when i went WOT.

Any thoughts?

i was going to attach a file, but it wont accept .rar files and i deleted my winzip

Back