You can type here any text you want

May be filing a lawsuit, need a carfax please!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbowannabe

Bought a 2003 WRX a few months back and found out it's been in a pretty bad wreck. I need a carfax. Any help would be much appreciated.

jf1gd29603g512980

thanks
Dan

dan according to carfax it doesnt show anything hokey...no wrecks to speak of...just regular service maintenance, oil changes...that doesnt mean that it wasnt in a wreck though, could have been repaired by a shade tree mechanic that never reported it depending on the severity of the damage but also doesnt mean that it wasnt properly fixed either...no title issues, milage or odometer issues either..it does show that there was a recall on the cruise control but has not been repaired yet...dealership should fix this for free though..gl

Thanks man, I appreciate it. The car was sold to me as being certified, so I"m going to call the states attorney's office tomorrow and see what I can do. Hopefully they will have to buy it back.

thanks
Dan

carfax no good!!

I had a 1992 Richard Petty Edition Grand Prix, my wife got into a bad accident, i had it delivered to a local body shop. The shop owner said ill get this estimate together and get the parts ordered, he did. The adjuster came the following week and the car was deemed totaled. I bought it back from the insurance told the shop owner i would pay him to install the radiator support and for his work disassembling it, and get another clip from a salvage yard and install myself, this car was totaled bad, rebuilt at home, 1 year later i ran a carfax on it "clean bill of health", i sent the info to carfax and wanted my money back for this service, yes i was refunded. Insurance paid out over $13k, nothing on report,
DONT TRUST CARFAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct,
Do not trust CARFAX when it comes to accident information. Every state has different rules and regulations on reporting accident damaged cars and their severity. CARFAX is a tool , not a definitive final answer for good ol detective work.

I called the states attorney today and they are sending me paperwork through the mail. I'm going to decide if I should pursue further or say F it, not even mess with it and trade the car in somewhere.

Back