You can type here any text you want

Mechanic in chicagoland looking for side job??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS/GNX

Formerly NothinYet
Alright here's the scoop. I am replacing all of my suspension this year. I did the rear and am done and happy with that.

I tore into the front end, I have the drivers side completely tore down... the coil spring is out, strut is out, sway bar disconnected, spindle off, pretty much everything except for the upper and lower control arms.

The passenger front is nearly the same with the exception of the sway bar bolt which will not come off.

Here is what I want done because I just dont feel like doing it anymore and I am worried I might mess something up:

1. I need the upper and lower ball joints replaced in the front on both sides.
2. I want the upper and lower control arms removed and the new bushings put on... which I was told you can only start, and then have to put the car back together, put weight on the front end, and then finish to tighten so your car doesnt sit all jacked up in the air.
3. I then want the coil spring put back in and the spindles back on so they are in place...

Once that stuff is done, I could probably take care of the rest no problem.
I just dont have the patience or the experience or the tools to do this myself.

PROBLEM:

You would have to come to my house in lockport and finish it in my garage as the car is up on jack stands and all torn apart.

If anyone is interested please contact me, I will pay you cash. You tell me what you want for the job before hand.

I would really like someone who has done this job before to do it... not somebody who's just good with a wrench.

If I was closer I'd come and give you a hand.The upper and lower ball joints aren't to bad just drill out the rivets and install the new ones I believe the new one bolt in . The bushings are alittle harder g body parts sells a special tool the remove and put in the bushings kinda expensive but worth the money.

I would buy the upper a arms from gbodyparts. By the time you you buy the tool the bushings and add the labor to them it wont be much of a differance. do you have an air compressor? How fast do you need this done? my plate is a little full right know. I am doing a set of heads on my dads 6.5 suburban:eek: .I am in addison which is quite a cruise. I dont have bushing install tool but there is other ways around that. I have everything else . You can call me 847-878-2689 my name is steve

Back